“Thanks!”
Review of MiraMar Excursions

MiraMar Excursions
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Yelapa
More attraction details
Owner description: MiraMar Excursions offers top rated, friendly, local service based out of Yelapa. We truly enjoy giving personal attention and showing you the real Mexico. Check our our website for more information about all the fun trips and activities we offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Fernando and Paul were great, we spent an entire day on the water fishing with Okley Activities, we were served an amazing lunch, and saw numerous whales, dolphins and turtles while on the trip. They were polite, courteous, knowledgable and friendly.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"an incredible experience"
"boat captain"

Reviewed 22 March 2013

My intent on this trip was to hike and see the coast not just sit on the beach. From the first "jump on board" trip to the Marietas to the next all day overtime trip south to Corrales and the Chimo Feast, Fernando is a well seasoned and knowledgeable host. From choosing just the right spot with just the right timing, to fishing, catching, prepping and presenting his famous Bonita ceviche and guacamole. Even in rough seas, and reeling in the just set lines to rescue my hat, our group had nothing but lots of laughs, an education on the area and the most beautiful memories.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We have been on several trips with Fernando couldn't have been happier or better served. Yelapa has many interesting spots near the town but since the only way to Yelapa is by boat out of Puerto Vallarta, the only way to visit other places of interest is by boat. We just can't say enough about the wonderful job Fernando does to make these the best trips ever. An example of one of our latest trips was to visit Marietas Islands in the Bay of Banderas. While this is a memorable place to visit the extras that Fernando provided were above and beyond. His timing was perfect in getting us to what is ranked as the most beautiful beach in the world. By timing I mean that we missed the crowds from Puerta Vallarta and had the beach totally to ourselves. Fernando served us the most wonderful lunch complete with ceviche made on the spot with a fresh fish,just caught. With time left to explore, swim and snorkel the day couldn't have better. Spotted on the trip over and back was topped off with the spotting Manta Rays, breaching Whales, and a baby whale that swam right next to our boat. From beginning to end we were totally in good hands with Fernando. A trip with him in charge will always one to remember.

1  Thank KLP6712
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I've been to Yelapa twice and enjoyed boat excursions with Fernando each time which were highlights of the trip. Whether you go fishing, snorkeling at the Marietas Islands or buzz down the coast to visit Chimo and Corales, you couldn't have a more knowledgeable, congenial host.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Fernando took my boyfriend and I out on an all-day fishing adventure. While the trip started out a little rough as I got a little sea sick, it ended up being our best day in Yelapa. We reeled in eight fish total - six bonita, one mackarel, and one albacore. Each time a fish hit a line excitement ensued. We were lucky enough to catch our first couple of bonita before lunch, and Fernando showed us his sashimi skills right there on the boat. He even had soy sauce and wasabi for an authentic experience. We followed our freshly caught sashimi up with out-of-this-world ceviche, also prepared by Fernando. As the day wore on, we caught more fish, caught sight of sea turtles, saw several whales cresting, and learned a lot of history about Yelapa and the surrounding area.

Because we were interested in getting a full dose of culture on our trip to Yelapa, we asked Fernando if we could stop by the small town of Corales. Fernando happily obliged and took us to a small restaurant owned by a local fisherman and his family. While here we enjoyed a few drinks and Fernando urged me to get a lobster. I am so glad he told me to do it. My three-pound lobster was the best thing I ate the entire trip!

Our fishing adventure was more than we could have imagined. We enjoyed making friends with Fernando, hanging out with him the following night, and meeting his wife and baby. We can't wait to come back to Yelapa and fish with Fernando again (and take him up on his offer to cook).