“Fernando is the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of MiraMar Excursions

MiraMar Excursions
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Yelapa
More attraction details
Owner description: MiraMar Excursions offers friendly, local service based out of Yelapa. We truly enjoy giving personal attention and showing you the real Mexico. Check our our website for more information about all the fun trips and activities we offer. Our boat is called Okley.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Gainesville, Texas
“Fernando is the BEST”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

If you are lucky enough to get to experience the beautiful secret that is Yelapa Mexico, you have to go through Fernando! He and his wife were the nicest and most helpful people we met in yelapa. Fernando's fishing trip was hands down the best fishing experience of my life and I've been fishing all throughout the Caribbean and Pacific coast in Mexico. Fernando's crew was professional and knowledgable and made the trip perfect! The seafood cruise was top notch and the freshest seafood I have ever eaten. Next time we are in Yelapa we are going to coordinate our entire trip through Fernando and not worry about a thing!!

Visited May 2013

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most amazing excursions ever!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had the pleasure and great fortune to go fishing with Fernando on my trip and although we didn't catch the size of fish that he and the captain (Roberto) were hoping for I still had the most wicked awesome fishing trip I've been on. We were able to see a little manta ray as well as a couple of sea turtles (unfortuantely not up close, but close enough to see what they were). The trip itself was relaxing and I just loved taking in the beauty of the ocean and the mountains beside us. Because I was travelling alone and it was low season there weren't a lot of trips out to Marieta's Island (it's usually a minimum of 4), but luckily a large group arrived in Yelapa the week I was there and a few of them wanted to go the Island as well...Fernando was awesome enough to ask them if I could join them and they were awesome enough to allow me to. I had one of the best days of the whole trip that day (which is pretty amazing because my week there was unbelievable)!! I made some new friends, was able to catch more fish and got to see some Blue Footed Boobies out on the Island!
Okley Activities and Excursions go out of their way to ensure that their clients have the most remarkable experience ever, I highly recommend booking a trip or two or three with them during your stay because it will be a day to remember for sure!

Visited May 2013
Fairfax, California
“Oakley is great!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had a fantastic visit to Yelapa and our excursion to the Marrietta Islands with Oakley was a highlight. We wanted to go snorkeling and emailed Fernando at the address on the Oakley website to see if he was available. His organization was very responsive and we quickly set up a date. The trip was awesome- Fernando and his staff are super-friendly and excited to share insights about Yelapa and the surrounding area. The boat ride was fun on his well-maintained and powerful boat. Fernando spotted a dolphin pod on the way out ther and so we motored down for a few minutes and were quickly surrounded by the pod including babies- totally amazing! The Marrietta Islands were gorgeous. We snorkeled a bit and swam through a tunnel to an enclosed beach. The water was a bit choppy so we didn’t have ideal snorkeling conditions but Fernando was nice enough to loan us his snorkeling equipment later in the week and we saw some awesome fish near Playa de Isabel. It was an all around great trip and experience, thanks to Oakley! We also toured a few of their rental units at Casa Miramar and they were very nice and well-placed near everything (beach/town)- we’ll definitely stay there during our next visit.

Visited April 2013
Yelapa, Mexico
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A day with the gods”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Nearly two years ago, Diana and I (memo) joined Fernando Garcia, proprietor of Okley Activities and Adventures, for a day trip to Corrales. We knew nothing of the destination but managed to oooh and aaah all the way down the southern coastline of Banderas Bay. En route we passed a remote villages, pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. The multi-course meal at Corrales, which Fernando had arranged in advance, was the finest we have ever eaten anywhere in the world. That’s a fact.

Nearly two years hence, when Fernando offered to repeat the trip for my birthday, Diana and I were ecstatic. When the appointed morning arrived, with our new friends Dave/Laura Lueck in tow, we set off. The skies were crystal clear; the seas were like glass. During our passage we crossed paths with several herds/flocks/gaggles of migrating sting rays. Their wing tips and barbed tails broke the water rhythmically and as if to appear like miniature sharks. Each group numbered well in excess of thirty creatures. It was a fairy tale. Fernando is adept at creating them.

With our expectations off the chart, tempered slightly by our anxiety over whether the Luecks would share our superlatives, we headed into the vacant restaurant. Our concerns were ill- founded. The following courses were presented: caracol (sea conch) ceviche, rice steamed with jalapenos and carrots, octopus pan seared in olive oil and garlic, spiny lobster grilled with butter and garlic, half a large Red Snapper grilled in butter and garlic and all washed down with the coldest beer in Cabo Corrientes. If I had been struck dead following that last bite/swallow, I would have died a happy man. Thank you, Fernando Garcia.

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Okley is the Best”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The highlight of our week-long stay in Yelapa was the day we spent with Okley. Fernando is an outstanding host who caters to your needs and desires. We told him what we wanted and he put together an incredibly memorable day that included fishing (we scored Bonito and Dorado); a stop in the small town of Coralles for a lunch of fresh oysters, scallops and Corona; snorkeling; and ceviche made and enjoyed on the boat with the fish we caught that morning while jammin to Bob Marley and the Wailers. He even cleaned the fish and delivered it to the restaurant of our choice to enjoy for dinner that night. His boat and gear is top quality just like his service. Oh, and his prices are very reasonable. I can't imagine a better day. Thanks Fernando!

Visited March 2013