“Wonderful Fishing!”
Review of MiraMar Excursions

MiraMar Excursions
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Yelapa
More attraction details
Owner description: MiraMar Excursions offers top rated, friendly, local service based out of Yelapa. We truly enjoy giving personal attention and showing you the real Mexico. Check our our website for more information about all the fun trips and activities we offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband went fishing 3 times during our week long stay and had a great time each trip. Bonita were running while we were there and they were delicious. The ceviche was wonderful and is one of things I am most looking forward too when we go back next year!

All reviews
"his team"
in 4 reviews
"an incredible experience"
in 3 reviews
"blue footed booby birds"
"beautiful scenery"
"ice cold beer"
"hour trip"

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had a great early morning fishing trip with MiraMar Excursions. Fernando's brother Chopo took me and another guy out for a good morning of fishing. We caught about a dozen Bonito and about another dozen Charo (I think they were called, but not sure). Anyway, Chopo was a great captain, quick and efficient and he knew where to find the fish. We were staying at one of Fernando and Kendra's condos, and when we were done fishing we pulled right up on the beach and Chopo used the Bonita to make the best ceviche I've ever had. You can't beat the taste of fresh fish straight out of the ocean! I had a great trip and would defintely come back for a fishing trip and a stay with MiraMar.

1  Thank bhasty1
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently attended a wedding where many guests were able to take advantage of amazing boat trips with Fernando, and even though I wasn't able to go, the response was overwhelmingly positive from everyone who went! I will definitely be going on a trip with Miramar Excursions the next time I'm in Yelapa!

I did get the chance to work with Kendra Garcia, Fernando's wife, on wedding planning, and she was amazing! Yelapa is a wonderful place for a destination wedding, and Kendra was the perfect person to plan it. I would recommend working with her 1000%. She really made the wedding day - and everything leading up to it - just perfect! She's organized, detail-oriented, hard-working, and SO friendly! I loved every minute working with her!

Oh, and if you're looking for a place to stay in Yelapa, all of Fernando and Kendra's properties are beautiful and in the most ideal locations in Yelapa!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I cannot begin to encompass my experience with Fernando and his crew through words, but this being a forum for reviews, I'll try. And in advance this is long and in depth.
I had been to Yelapa three times before and for the most part was perfectly content with just chill-laxin. This time I came it was just my friend and I on a girls trip.
I had do e a quick search weeks before on. Unique yelapa blogs and somehow came across Miramar. So happy I did. The Corrales trip sounded intriguing. What kind of traveler am I?
Age 30-40, female, adventurous, small business owner, and pretty open minded. I figured that as long as it's better than those absurd and ridiculous Vallarta adventure excursions I couldn't complain. And, there was absolutely NO complaint. Fwrnando was amazing! Attentive, accommodating, very friendly allowing me to have a truly hobest conversation about the areas people, history and culture! Exactly what I'm looking for. The crew and Fernando went above and beyond. The beach was amazing-literally we had the entire place to ourselves. We feasted on the freshest fish I've ever had, living in the pacific nw, that's saying something. Ceviche, conch, the best octopus I've ever had, camerones and a red snapper grilled over an open fire. The day was one I'll never forget and I plan on coming back for sure. Fernando and his business se mum especial. Cannot begin to express my gratitude for the experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

"Attention To The Tension!" Those are the words spoken by my favorite boat captain Fernando, the words of advise I "should" have paid more attention too!

Dec 3, 2013, Captain Fernando got me hooked up on a giant Blue Marlin! It was a fish of a life time; an amazing fight with at least ten top water tail dances, but all of that changed when I got him to the side of the boat and didn't pay "attention to the tension!" One split second I ignore my boat captains instructions to turn a video camera on and poof, no mas Big Blue!

Over all the trip was amazing, seen two marlin, hooked up on one, seen two sailfish dancing on the water, seen approximately 20 sea turtles, dolphins swimming with the boat, at least 10' mantarays by the dozen, whales and much much more. I've been fishing with Fernando at least a dozen times now and every trip was a trip of a lifetime with memories not to be forgotten!

To Fernando and his brother Chopo, thank you very much for another amazing year and I can't wait to see ya for the 2014 tuna run!!!

Vivir bien mis amigos!