“A total dream.. A sanctuary.”
other travellers have booked this property
Hammock view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Hammock view
Bar & Chef's kitchen
Spacious living room with king size bed
Entrance to main floor bathroom
Entrance to upstairs bathroom
Ocean views from bedroom
Upstairs bathroom
View from upstairs shower
Morning view from the bedroom
Upstairs bathroom towards bedroom
Main floor bathroom
Mainfloor bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jessica D...
“A total dream.. A sanctuary. ”
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Oh lovely Casa Joanie!
I don't know how to put you into words fit for you! I stumbled onto Casa Joanie while planning my very first trip, anywhere. (I then stumbled onto the lovely Grace which is a blessing all in itself)
Yelapa is an unbelievable place. I couldn't imagine the beauty it holds without having seen that it really exists so close. The people of Yelapa are absolutely perfect. They make you feel like you are a friend, a part of Yelapa. It was like I had been living there my whole life. It is really something special. Casa Joanie made it all come together. It is beautifully decorated! Incredible taste, incredible lighting, a new patio, (which I hardly moved from) fully equipped bathrooms, kitchen, plenty of music, and everything else that makes it feel like it is a home. It is right above the beach where you can watch how serene the ocean is from morning through night. (I loved hearing the waves as I fell asleep each night) Grace had (the wonderful) Diego, help us with our bags to the Casa where he made sure we had anything that we needed. We didn't need anything, Grace really has it all figured out. Casa Joanie is the most well equipped, comfortable, BEAUTIFUL home in Yelapa. I am so lucky to have seen it for myself. I'm still trying to figure out if it all really happenedI I genuinely never thought that I would personally be able to go somewhere and absolutely forget about "real" life for an entire week. At least not without it dancing in the back of my mind here and there. But I am incredibly and pleasantly surprised to say that Casa Joanie did just that, made me forget every bit of it. Grace is a beautiful new friend I have made throughout this journey. She helped me every step of the way as I was obviously a traveling amateur! She's patient, kind, so caring, and graceful. I'm forever grateful she has shared this secret paradise with me.
She helped me reconnect with an old friend here which now holds such special memories for me

If you're looking for serenity, you've found it.
I will come back here for many lifetimes. ❤️

luzka462
Colombia
“The paradise you see only in your dreams.”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Casa Joanie, is a place to find your self! From the moment you wake up and see the amazing sunrise, right out side your window! Then the moon, covering you when you go to bed. The house is full of accommodations and board games, not TV which makes it the best gateway. Once you see it you never want to leave. It becomes your place or relaxation. Locals are amazingly nice, the town is perfect! IF your looking for a nice reunion with friends or love ones, Casa Joanie, is the best place to find some quality time! I miss it already!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: the stairs
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA

Prince Albert, Canada
“A unique getaway”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Casa Joanie has a rustic feeling to it, which is part of its charm. We arrived to find the house as advertised. The open concept with large open arches for windows made us feel close to nature and provided us with a great view of the bay. The kitchen is fully loaded and we cooked most of our own meals. We hired Marilu, Diego’s wife, to cook us dinner one evening. It was fresh tuna fish tacos, fresh grilled tuna, beans, rice, salsa and tortillas. It was delicious and more than sufficient for one meal.
Expect various lizards and insects staying with you during rainy season as well as the odd crabs. The large lizard who sleeps in the rafters during rainy nights keeps to itself. It is not a snake like we first thought! There is a mosquito net hung from the ceiling fan. It is necessary during rainy season (summer) to keep the insect from eating you alive as you sleep! We would recommend a square mosquito net especially for rainy season. We couldn’t get the round one to totally cover the bed. Bug spray and sunscreen are necessities. Power outages are common and there were candles in the house along with matches. Also, expect it to rain briefly every day and sometimes quite heavily at night with only curtains attempting to keep the rain out of the house. Rain did get in a couple times during thunderstorms.
During low season there are less people around, which for us was more relaxing. There are a few shops to buy staple Mexican food and snacks. The Yelapa ahora map was very helpful. The house is not beachfront but the beach is accessible by foot. There are a few restaurants open in low season. We recommend Gloria’s near the church. Take the cash you think you will need and a little more since there are no ATMs in Yelapa but a few restaurants on the beach take credit cards. There is a waterfall located 1 ½ to 2 hours hike away that requires a guide. We were told it is not safe to go in the river/waterfall in rainy season because of the strong current. There is another waterfall about a 15 minute hike from the village which is quite tall and ends in a small pool which is perfect for a nice swim. We hear that it is much more impressive in rainy season than in dry season.
All in all, we enjoyed our one week stay at Casa Joanie. We would recommend this rental to adventurous travellers looking for an authentic Mexican village experience.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 April 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Liked best: Location, views, comfort
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing