“So relaxing and easy”
other travellers have booked this property
Hammock view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Hammock view
Bar & Chef's kitchen
Spacious living room with king size bed
Entrance to main floor bathroom
Entrance to upstairs bathroom
Ocean views from bedroom
Upstairs bathroom
View from upstairs shower
Morning view from the bedroom
Upstairs bathroom towards bedroom
Main floor bathroom
Mainfloor bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Durango, Colorado
“So relaxing and easy”
Reviewed 5 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We had everything we needed at Casa Joanie. We loved that it was right in the village and the extra bonus of having Diego available should we have needed something. But we didn't need anything because everything was easy and comfortable:)

7 Apr 2017
Thank you for your nice review. We hope you will return to our casa sometime in the future.
Kanuckleh...
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
“Great, very interesting ten day stay.”
Reviewed 9 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Spent the last ten days of November at Casa Grace. Same owner and next door to Casa Joanie. For some reason I couldn't enter Casa Grace on Trip Advisor. The caretaker Diego is a super helper and always smiling. Owner Grace was a wealth of information on every detail but this is Mexico and sometimes a restaurant might be only open for the busiest part of the tourist season. Location was excellent, overlooking the harbor and town. Downside is someone with mobility problems might not like the 75 steps up to the unit. Plus items are the Iguanas, the friendliness of the locals and being in a village that hasn't changed much in the last 60 years. The town did get electricity and water 12 years ago. So, enjoy every day and go with the flow.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
11 Dec 2016
Thank you for the great review. It was nice meeting you both and hope you return to Yelapa someday. Yes until the busy season some restaurants have limited openings.
Travis S
New York City, New York
“Quite simply: Paradise”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Just wanted to send a quick note abut how much we've enjoyed staying here. Quite simply, it is paradise. Morning coffee on the balcony, breathtaking views from every room.... Just exactly what we were hoping for in every way. Can't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else.... And may have recruited a few more who'll wanna stay here as well.

My wife enjoyed watering and caring for the beautiful plants and we just couldn't have been happier.

Many thanks to Scott and Grace (who were INCREDIBLY attentive) and we'll reach out to ya again when we're lucky enough to have the time to come back to YELAPA!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Stunning views. Access to all of Yelapa's amazing restaurants and the beach!
Liked least: The mosquito netting (when we used it) was a little too invasive onto the bed, but nothing major.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jan 2016
Hi Travis. Thank you so much for this awesome review! We hope that you will come back to Yelapa & tell all your friends.

Regards,

Grace & Scott
Jessica D...
“A total dream.. A sanctuary. ”
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Oh lovely Casa Joanie!
I don't know how to put you into words fit for you! I stumbled onto Casa Joanie while planning my very first trip, anywhere. (I then stumbled onto the lovely Grace which is a blessing all in itself)
Yelapa is an unbelievable place. I couldn't imagine the beauty it holds without having seen that it really exists so close. The people of Yelapa are absolutely perfect. They make you feel like you are a friend, a part of Yelapa. It was like I had been living there my whole life. It is really something special. Casa Joanie made it all come together. It is beautifully decorated! Incredible taste, incredible lighting, a new patio, (which I hardly moved from) fully equipped bathrooms, kitchen, plenty of music, and everything else that makes it feel like it is a home. It is right above the beach where you can watch how serene the ocean is from morning through night. (I loved hearing the waves as I fell asleep each night) Grace had (the wonderful) Diego, help us with our bags to the Casa where he made sure we had anything that we needed. We didn't need anything, Grace really has it all figured out. Casa Joanie is the most well equipped, comfortable, BEAUTIFUL home in Yelapa. I am so lucky to have seen it for myself. I'm still trying to figure out if it all really happenedI I genuinely never thought that I would personally be able to go somewhere and absolutely forget about "real" life for an entire week. At least not without it dancing in the back of my mind here and there. But I am incredibly and pleasantly surprised to say that Casa Joanie did just that, made me forget every bit of it. Grace is a beautiful new friend I have made throughout this journey. She helped me every step of the way as I was obviously a traveling amateur! She's patient, kind, so caring, and graceful. I'm forever grateful she has shared this secret paradise with me.
She helped me reconnect with an old friend here which now holds such special memories for me

If you're looking for serenity, you've found it.
I will come back here for many lifetimes. ❤️

luzka462
Colombia
“The paradise you see only in your dreams.”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Casa Joanie, is a place to find your self! From the moment you wake up and see the amazing sunrise, right out side your window! Then the moon, covering you when you go to bed. The house is full of accommodations and board games, not TV which makes it the best gateway. Once you see it you never want to leave. It becomes your place or relaxation. Locals are amazingly nice, the town is perfect! IF your looking for a nice reunion with friends or love ones, Casa Joanie, is the best place to find some quality time! I miss it already!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: the stairs
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA
Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Seattle
Reviewed 21 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing