“Don't be afraid to live a little!”
Review of Garcia Rentals

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
Garcia Rentals
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We showed up to Yelapa with our luggage and hope of finding a home for a few nights. We too were surprised when we were asked to leave our luggage on the beach and we were led across the knee deep river in search of a room for the night. But once we ended up at Casas Garcia we knew we had made the right decision. We had just spent a week in our fancy 5 star resort in Nuevo Vallarta and were ready to experience something real. This was the perfect place for us. The only concern we had was the construction going on our first day there, but that stopped after a few hours and we understood that they weren't expecting us and that they were probably hurrying to prepare the other casas for high season. It just was a surprise to wake up from my nap in the hammock to power tools next door. We found the village interesting. The people were all so friendly and helped us every time we went out and couldn't find what we were looking for. Hint- ( Dont try to find the dock in the dark! Especially if you're carrying a case of water for the day. Its impossible! Just wait for a local to walk by and help you.) This open air casa was what I had always imagined when you think "secluded Mexico retreat". We got a great deal because it was the week before high season. The hammock in the living room is unbeatable! The kitchen is fully furnished with everything you need and the local markets have all the necessary groceries to cook at home. The casa was spotless clean and the bed comfy. Remeber though- it IS open air, and with that comes the reality of a few bugs here and there. It's Mexico! I do recommend using the mosquito net. Its there for a reason. We did find it a bit tricky to get down to the beach. I guess this time of year the river is higher than usual, so we were made to climb the rock wall to get to the little beach out in front. This was only because I chose not to walk through the still and murky river water out front,which the locals had no issue with. I'm a bit of a baby I guess. We chartered a boat (also owned by a Garcia brothers) and had the best fishing experience of all 4 days, bringing in mahi mahi (derado) and sail fish. We had delicious, fresh ceviche on the boat. These guys are the pros when it comes to fishing! We brought back the rest of the fish and they cooked it up for us in the restaurant for our own private lunch and sent us back to our casa with mahi mahi for our own ceviche that night. This last few days, that we spent here in Yelapa, were the best part of our 10 days in Mexico. We definitely recommend Garcia's Casas, and expecially want to thank Raphael (Roffy) for taking such good care of our every need after we got settled in. He'll pick you up at the house, help you with your luggage to the water taxi, and set you up with the best fishing day of your life on the Garcias boat. (But remember, you will NOT find the dock in the dark.LOL trust me, it just wont happen,have someone meet you and show you the way)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripXpert1
casayelapa, General Manager at Garcia Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hola Amigos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Garcia Rentals in Yelapa, Mexico. We especially thank you for such a nice review.
The Garcias and myself, David Lord: Manager, work hard to make you feel special and part of the Garcia family.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

What a unique location! Right on the beach in Yelapa, Casas Garcia has a wonderful view of the ocean. We enjoyed the open air feel of our room, which had an amazing view of the ocean and Yelapa's bay. We only stayed for 3 nights, but we were really impressed with how hospitable the Garcia brothers were...so friendly and invested in making sure we had a good stay.

Definitely bring a small flashlight, as walking to dinner in Yelapa can be quite dark. We were also warned to bring bug spray, but we didn't have any trouble with bugs during our stay in Yelapa.

If you're interested inn getting away from Puerto Vallarta's crowds, Yelapa is a great destination and the location of Casas Garcia cannot be beat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Yelapa has no air conditioning so be prepared for some hot nights.

The open air concept of the suites is incredible. You hear the ocean all night
The hammocks are such a delight.

Just ask for additional things for your room. The Garcia brothers are happy to get you things like bottle openers etc.

The towels and beach chairs make you feel like a private resort.

It is so close to town and all the restaurants.

Most importantly it is on the beach
The entertainment of watching visitors figure out how to cross the river channel was a delight.
The channel changes each day.
Watching the fisherman, families, and boat traffic of this village was such a treat.

The groceries and cervasa availability makes having breakfast, snacks, and dinner if you wish very convenient.
The restaurants are plentiful and provide such fabulous experiences.

This has been more than I expected from Yelapa.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Casitas Garcia are a very comfortable and affordable way to stay in Yelapa. Family that owns it are very friendly but hard to get a hold of. There are no telephones so you have to go find them for assistance. Everything is clean but can use a little maintenance. Even with the cons I would stay here again, the views from the whole house are breath taking and there is a full kitchen for convenience.

• Stayed: July 2013

Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Mexico.
Gracias form me and all the Garcias.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Everything you need. Great half way location from town and beach. There is no a/c anywhere in Yelapa, days are warm, nights cool off nicely. The view is probably the best in the area Yelapa. Jungle and ocean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I already knew that Yelapa is an awesome place, I lived there for 7 years, left a year and a half ago, and returned to visit just now for graduation time. I had absolutely no doubt about where to stay, the Garcia apartments are the best in town. I agree with all the previous reviewers, this is a wonderful place to stay. I was in Vista Hermosa for 8 days.

Everything I needed was here. It is pretty and it is comfortable. The little kitchen has a bottled water dispenser, coffee maker, blender, refrigerator, and small gas stove. I was glad to have it because there are not many restaurants open in the pueblo during the summer months and I pretty much had breakfast and lunch here in the apartment. The high speed internet connection brought me NPR in the mornings and kept me in touch with family and friends while I was here. The Garcia family are wonderful hosts. ¡Viva Yelapa!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
casayelapa, Manager at Garcia Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2015

Hola Amiga,
I just wanted to take the time to acknowledge your review of the Garcia Rentals. We truely aspire to be the best in Yelapa and your review is greatly appreciated. It is always very nice to receive a great review like yours and we even appreciate the not so favorable reviews, although very few, and all reviews are helpful and keep us improving every year.
Thanks again from the Management of the Garcia Rentals and the Garcia family.
Property manager,
David L. Lord

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Amazing apartment. Everything you need for a quite get away. Includes a small kitchen. There is
A store in the village where you can buy basics and cook your own meals. People
Are friendly and helpful. There are stairs it climb to each apartment. Not handicap accessible. A little noisy some nights but the sound of the waves drowns that out for the most part.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Flashy101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelapa
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 122 in Puerto Vallarta
0 mi away
Casa Bahia Bonita
Casa Bahia Bonita
#5 of 6 in Yelapa

Been to Garcia Rentals? Share your experiences!