“Some of the best food I've ever had anywhere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Cerrito Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

El Cerrito Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, WA
“Some of the best food I've ever had anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

A friend recommended El Cerrito, and it's completely knocked us out. Maybe the best grilled octopus I've ever, equal to the best meal I ever had in Greece. Amazing fresh Tuna (the fish is all local fishermen) over a potatoes infused with spinach. A salad with a cousin of Mezcal called racilla that mixed organic greens and nuts and dried fruits--one of the best salads I've ever had. They used racilla mixed with coconut in a shrimp dish as well and it was great. We ate mango crepes for desert. Everything is fresh, but everything has an innovative twist and the prices are totally reasonable, maybe 10% more than the much more mundane food at the other places we've eaten, like Cafe Bahia.

It also has a great view. Our only complaint is that it's only open for dinners, otherwise we'd be eating every single meal here.

• Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“the best ristorante!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I just got married with an american beauty and she loves mexican culture. we wanted something special for our honey moon, so I decided to take her to a beautiful place: Yelapa. we stayed there for 6 days and never imagine we could find such a marvelous place for dinner. I've seen the reviews of this place and I agree... this place is so underestimated! besides the view, the service and the menu are excellent! prices are reasonable, furthermore they take plastic. I had the lasagne, this rare thing 'huatlicoche' tastes like nothing I've ever tried before, unique, delicious! We went to el cerrito 2 nights in a row and we're planning to come back next season. There is no other place like this in Yelapa.

Steinbach, Manitoba
“Very impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you're looking for a gourmet dinner in Yelapa, you can't do better then this! Delicious, gourmet food with great presentation! The cream of mushroom soup was exceptional! The location is great! The view from here is probably better than any other restaurant in Yelapa!
However, because it is somewhat exposed to the breeze, I would recommend bringing a sweater . . . it can get a little cool in the evening.
We noticed that this restaurant was often lacking customers and we're not quite sure why. Perhaps it is the price, which by Yelapa standards is somewhat high (and yet by North American standards is still very reasonable.)
The only downside here was the lighting. The place was quite dark at night. Could have used more lighting.
This restaurant deserves more support! Except for Cafe Bahia, I don't believe you'll find tastier food in Yelapa!

laguna beach, california
“Gorgeous setting for a delicious meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

My boyfriend and my best friend and I went there several times during our monthlong stay in Yelapa. One evening, I had the lasagne, which was unique and very delicious!! The mango margaritas are out of this world and the deck setting has a fabulous view of the pueblo and the bay!!! The head chef, Sebastian, is very talented plus a very gracious host. We have known one of the waiters for years - Victor - and he always is so kind and attentive. If you haven't tried this gem yet, it's a MUST!!! Very happy with the food, the drinks, the service and the view!!

• Visited November 2013
Yelapa, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food with Beautiful View -Bay of Yelapa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was warmly welcomed as i walked up the stairs to El Cerrito. The restaurant is situated at the top of a hill above the village looking out to the bay of Yelapa. I love the variety of the menu, with super efficient, friendly and polite servers. Fresh seafood, steak, traditional mexican dishes accented with fusion elements and fresh local fruits and vegetables, along with a full bar and wine service. I describe the menu is a mix of mexican cuisine along with Mexican Fusion.. . Each plate is artistic expression of the very talented Chef Sebastian. .
I enjoyed:
AGUACHILEDE PULPO DE LA REGION. BAÑADO CON UNA SALSA DE CHILES ROJOS. ACOMPAÑADO DE AGUACATE, PEPINO Y CEBOLLAMORADA.

LOCALLY CAUGHT OCTOPUS PREPARED AGUACHILE STYLE.SERVED IN A RED CHILE salsa, TOPPED WITH AVOCADO, CUCUMBER& RED ONION. $85p = $7usd

ENSALADA DE BASTONES DE NOPAL, ARUGULA, MINI CUBOS DE QUESO PANELA Y JULIANAS DE TORTILLA FRITA. UN VINAGRETA DE CITRICO CON FINAS HIERBAS

NOPAL AND ORGANIC BABY ARUGULA SALAD. PANELA CHEESE, CRISP TORTILLA STRIPS AND CITRUS WITH FINE HERBS VINAIGRETTE

• 4 of 5 bubbles