“Delicious Dinner after a Stormy Day in Paradise ~”
Review of Ray's Place

Ray's Place
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Yelapa
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My boyfriend and I have walked past Ray's numerous times and never stopped in for a meal, although many of our local friends eat here. Yesterday we decided that we would have dinner at Ray's tonight! It stormed heavily all afternoon and we weren't sure if the rain would stop or if Ray would even be open due to the extreme downpour!! A phone call assured us he was open tonight, so we trekked down for a great dinner. My boyfriend ordered the coconut shrimp, which consisted of huge coconut battered shrimp with a dipping sauce and an unusual but delicious salad which included slices of mango, apple, baby greens, goat cheese, blackberries, currants and chopped nuts ~ very tasty. I ordered the Diabla shrimp and asked for it to be prepared not too spicy. It arrived on a bed of rice, with a generous side of vegetables and the signature delicious salad and a piece of garlic bread !!! It was fabulous and a generous sized serving ~ I could only eat half, but my boyfriend managed to make sure we had no leftovers!!! The freshly made chips and salsa are perfect to my liking and the drinks are strong and delicious!!! I highly suggest you give Ray's a try ~ you'll want to return!! (I saw pizzas being served to a neighboring table and it looked and smelled delicious!!)

1  Thank bohemedream

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I were in Yelapa a month ago (getting married!) and had the pleasure to meet and dine at Ray's a couple of times. First, the food is delicious and the drinks amazing but besides the tasty food, Ray is a great host. He truly took care of us and treated us like friends the few times we were over. I loved sharing stories of our beloved Mexico with Ray with beautiful guitar music in the background. When I commented on the beautiful music he was playing he gave me his CD. Ray is one of the many reasons we loved loved Yelapa. We will return and visit Ray for sure!

1  Thank ZFlores
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First went to Yelapa 33years ago. Always enjoy our time there. This time we went with our son and his girlfriend to relax a few days. Rays was the best meal we have had in Yelapa, over the moon great! Ray was so kind to let us eat at 9 pm when he had actually been closed two hours! His food was not only delicious but unusual flavors in sauces and salad dressings to bring your tastebuds alive! My husband had the steak and it was sooooo tender he could cut it with a fork! We have new friends arriving the 18th and will have another delicious meal at Rays that week. Oregon gives Rays five stars for both food and Rays kindness!

1  Thank Valliegibby
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ray's Place was the reason we came to Yelapa. Happy, personal people that care about good food. Ray cut the last of his mint for my mojito, so he won me before we were even served. He allowed us to create our own order based on his recommendations, not just the menu. Food was fresh, unique, and very authentic Mexican cuisine. The pizza is made from scratch, which we ordered to-go one night as we wanted to eat in (at the wonderful Casa Coco). Also, great atmosphere!

1  Thank JodiMock
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Ray is the man! We ate there a couple of times and loved our food! Clean, tasty, and very well prepared. Ray was very hospitable and took care of us. A must try!