“The perfect ending to our trip!”

taqueria los Abuelos
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Yelapa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were recommended to eat at Los abuelos by ken from cafe Bahai the last night of our stay. I wanted to cry that we hadn't found it sooner. But then again I would have gained a lot of weight due to the fact that the food was amazing and very reasonable priced. I ordered the chicken caesar salad, fish taco and a shrimp casadilla on the side. It was worth every bite that I had to order desert. I don't care much about carrot cake but this one was so good that I had to order one to take with us. It's was gourmet food at a reasonable price. A must try!!!

2  Thank Denisa A

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were so incredibly bummed that we discovered this restaurant on the last night. It was unbelievable. The food, fresh, with a gourmet/American spin. We ordered twice as much because of the options and reasonable cost. The atmosphere was perfect. Very clean, ocean views. We even saw a whale while we were dining!

We would have eaten here every night if we had found it sooner. It was so fresh... the octopus tacos were perfect. The beef salad was fresh, full of flavor and texture. Everything was amazing. Much like an expensive restaurant in California, but with the homemade blue corn tortillas, perfect margaritas and very affordable price reminded us we were in the tiny village of Yelapa. Did I mention how bummed we were to have discovered this on the last night?!!

PS, the carrot cake was perfection. I am not a big carrot cake person, but this one was perfect.

2  Thank JodiMock
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The chimichangas were sooo good. The sauces and little touches made the tacos and other food even tastier than usual. Also amazing salads.

2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Behind the laundry & just as clean.
The burritos were so huge we had to take half home for lunch. Hope to try more items next year.

3  Thank glesn001
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great food with a gourmet edge and very reasonable prices! Excellent tacos - blue corn tortillas made right infront of your eyes loaded with fresh fish, octopus, crab, marlin etc for 10 or 15 pesos each. Excellent shrimp and arugula salad with apricot dressing. The restaurant is a little hard to find (near Isis laundry) but well worth searching out. It is upstairs, so has views of the sea.

3  Thank Artist707