“Sportsman Burger is a must order”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sportsmans Hotel

Sportsmans Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bingara
Sportsmans Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bingara B&B and Inns
“Sportsman Burger is a must order”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely day visiting Bingara and really enjoyed the cafe which is part of the Sportsman Hotel. My burger was exceptional and the rest of my family enjoyed their meals. Family Friendly setting suitable for kids. Alcohol can be obtained in pub through separate door. Pub has cool outdoor area out back, pool table etc

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mattgreengate

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

What a surprise. The dining fare turned on by this hotel is excellent and even more so as it is a small town. There were four of us and we tested the menu with fish, lamb, beef and pork dishes. The result was excellent - well cooked, presented and excellent eating. The lady who cooked these knows her trade very well. In the morning they serve the best cup of coffee in town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from the street are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Sportsman Hotels rooms are below average so giving 3 stars is generous.
On arriving at the sportsman, first impressions of the bar and restaurant are good and friendly BUT the staff need to get there bookings information right to avoid confussion.The barman informed me that the price also included breakfast, my first thought was great.......bacon, egg, sausage and toast in the morning (pls read on to find out the outcome).
I was given my room key, I went up to my room my first impression was yuke But i spose you do get what you pay for.......$30 a night.
1 double bed and 2 single bed for one person booking, a sink in the corner and that was it. The sink was basically hanging off the wall and when you turned the taps on the water came out brown it was scary to even think about brushing my teeth and having a wash in that water.
I went to the female toilet and shower (the room is not ensuite) the toilet was ok but the shower room could of done with a scrub clean. the shower you can not raise so if your taller than 5ft you have to crouch. the water again started off brown and slowly cleared but after 10hrs of travelling I needed to shower but after that shower i felt i needed another to get cleaner. Anyway, after putting up with the noise from the band downstairs i eventually fell asleep early hrs and no i didnt sleep IN the bed (human hair and dirt on the sheets/pillow cases and it wasnt mine) I got up in the morning starving for breakfast, i went into the kitchen room to find no eggs/bacon/sausage or toast.........I found stale bread, dirty bowls and cutlery all over the place, out of date milk and a vulger kettle to boil water for your coffee. I chose not to have breakfast or coffee.
When i was due to leave no-one was available to let you out of the front door or even hand in your key so i had to leave via the backdoor and through a building site (hotel was having building work done).
I wasnt keen on staying there again but the tuesday night i had to stay again with group of people i was doing the jillaroo week with. The sportsman tryed to put me a female in the same room with 2 men i only knew for 1 day...............I declined straight away! they finally gave me my own room which was smaller than the saturday nights room, again the sink was basically hanging off the wall. Workman were also staying in the hotel and i rudely got woken up at 6am by nosey workman and when i went to use the female facilitys there was a man using it.........
Ohhh i was glad to get out of there. I was due to stay there the thursday night, did i stay there???? NO, i didnt, i stayed elsewhere.
$30 a night, you certainly get what you pay for.
Unfortunately I have no photos to upload.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank westlennox

Been to Sportsmans Hotel? Share your experiences!