“Warm atmosphere on a Winters morning”
Review of Wattle Cafe

Wattle Cafe
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Blackheath
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Warm atmosphere on a Winters morning”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had breakfast here a couple of weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

The atmosphere is warm inside, prices are very reasonable, the coffee was very well made (very smooth). The servings of the breakfast were very generous and I couldn't finish my meal.

The coffee beans are roasted locally, and it really brings a nice aroma to the cafe once you enter the cafe.

They also sell bunches of flowers which are grown locally too. It's good to see a cafe promoting local businesses.

I will definitely come back again the next time i'm in the area.

• Visited July 2014

“Cold morning - But warm inside Wattle Cafe”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. We both had the Big breakfast. Very generous meal size. Reasonably price. Highly recommend visiting.

Blackheath
“Local Cafe”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I often have the pleasure of having lunch at this lovely local cafe, the biggest problem is choosing what to order, it's all too good. My favourite is the goats cheese tart, although I'm also partial to their home made pot pies. Last winter the chefs(owners) added Lamb Shanks to their menu, we are hanging out to see them added again this winter, there is no way I'll cook them myself if I can order them from The Wattle, obviously they have a secret ingredient.
If you cant make lunch go for afternoon tea, great scones, cheescake and carrot cake, did I say I have trouble choosing.
I love that they are now using locally roasted coffee beans, great coffee.

• Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“So so cafe....”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here and it was nice. Cafe was busy, had a bit of a wait but nothing too bad. Breakfast was nice but not excellent. There was a awful lot of food but it wasn't full of flavour. The scrambled eggs was massive in portion size but lacked flavour. We paid extra to have the sourdough bread instead of the thick white slice that it came with. It was a little annoying there was no choice of bread with breakfast, not that's many people these days would choose white bread anymore. Coffee was lovely and it's defiantly worth a stop here for the coffee alone. I'm not saying you will have a terrible breakfast here, it's just fairly basic but the servings are huge!

2 Thank Deirdre O
Emu Plains Australia
“Warm atmosphere on a cold day”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had coffee and cake with 9 friends and everyone loved it. The warmth from the combustion heater makes it inviting to step inside. The coffee was great and the muffins are HUGE! I tried the blueberry and apple and it came to the table warm which was a lovely surprise. The pear and raspberry cake was also delicious. Would come here again when bushwalking at Blackheath.

• Visited June 2014