“Fantastic”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Blackheath
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We checked in on the 4th of july 2014. The staff were friendly and gave good advice. The thai silk restaurant blackheath they suggested was better than the food we ate in thailand at a 5 star resort. The rooms were great. After 3 days exploring blackheath, i asked my 4 year old what she liked about the mountains and she said "the hotel". She loved having an electric blanket, everyone sleeping together and watching foxtel for the first time. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed for a second time in September this year and had another great stay. The hosts were so welcoming and helpful, suggesting more places to visit that I hadn't seen last time and ensuring I knew where to go!

My week spent at the motel could not be faulted. My room was well equipped,clean and regularly serviced. The breakfast was excellent and as part of the package is extremely good value.

I have recommended you to all of my friends and family. My parents loved the area and will also be visiting again as they thourghly enjoyed their stay.

Thanks again for your kind hospitality and I would suggest anyone wanting to explore the stunning Blue Mountains area use this as a base.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SallyBrandreth
Orange, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My 3 year old daughter and I stayed there after decided 8:30 was late enough to be travelling home to Orange. The motel owner/manager was great, discounted our room and even offered to feed my daughter, I couldn't ask for better service, was a very nice experience. Next time I would plan to stay there!

Room Tip: Ignore bad ratings from traveller who left messy fish smelling room, what a wanker, these people are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here on a brief visit to Blackheath. I found the manageress very helpful so am at a loss as to why others suggest differently.

Location - Conveniently located to Blackheath but unfortunately close to a main highway.

Noise - There was a lot of truck noise overnight which did not make it easy to have a completely restful sleep.

Value - Quite exceptional bearing in mind a cooked breakfast is provided.

Room - I have enclosed photographs and I believe they speak loudly. Everything in good order and very much appreciated. The bed linen was clean.

En-Suite - Just as one expects in this style of motel.

Internet - Easy access and no problems encountered.

Breakfast - Excellent. It 'set us up' well for a days touring.

General - If it were not for the truck noise I would have awarded this Motel 5*. I can certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Probably best to avoid rooms 16-21 as they lie closer to the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Home counties
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here overnight in preference to Katoomba because it was very good value and we were not disappointed. It is a slightly older motel but the rooms were clean and very comfortable and thankfully had heating because it was a very cold night and there was ice on the car in the morning. Its location is only a few minutes drive from some of the best viewing points in the area, particularly Govett's Leap and Pulpit Rock. The owners were very helpful with directions and also very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Alison B, Manager at High Mountains Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thanks for that! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed recently after booking online and our room was nothing like the photo images I have seen.
The double bed sagged so badly in the middle that my wife and I slept poorly. Aside from this, the air brakes on trucks through the night kept waking us. Lightbulbs were missing and the carpet was badly stained and very old. The lounge was also stained and the wall heaters noisy.
The bathroom was very old (50's tiles, basin, toilet).
Maybe there are better rooms but ours was a shocker! Beware!

Room Tip: Huge difference in rooms - maybe some have ever been renovated for 40 years!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank VegemiteSkier
Alison B, Manager at High Mountains Motor Inn, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We pride ourselves as having good beds and clean rooms so it would be appreciated if you phoned me on 02 4787 8216 and told us which room you were in.

Travellers are raving about these Blackheath hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This place is close to a number of hikes in the Blue Mountains around Blackheath. Perfect if you need a place to drop your gear for the day. On the plus side, it has free Wi-Fi! Staff was friendly and helpful. Room is basic, shower was a bit small and dark but serviceable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lou K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackheath
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
#4 of 5 in Blackheath
Sky Rider Motor Inn
Sky Rider Motor Inn
#1 of 15 in Katoomba

Been to High Mountains Motor Inn? Share your experiences!