Review Highlights
Great two hour bush-ride

My wife organised this as a surprise activity for my birthday. The last time I climbed on a horse... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
mnm_travelling
Sydney, Australia
Beautiful landscape

Reviewed 22 April 2018
Klar8
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
via mobile

All reviews hour ride megalong valley great ride wild kangaroos horse riding experience trot and canter blue mountains horses guide beginners scenery trail danielle bush helmets activity parts
Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife organised this as a surprise activity for my birthday.
The last time I climbed on a horse was probably 25 years ago and for my wife it was the first time - we are in our mid-forties.
The owners and staff made us feel welcome, looked-after and safe.
We were guided by Imogen and it was just the three of us because the other customers for that timeslot were late and we were early.
Imogen was making sure we had a good time while also giving us lots of guidance.
We took a two hour tour and the route would have been a nice bush walk in itself. I rode Cooper on spot #3 and my wife was on Ollie on #2. Both were easy going horses. Ollie made sure that Copper and I never questioned his position #2.
Definitely will do this again, maybe even on a six hour tour, though I am sure we will feel that on our bums the next day.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve been going to centennial Glen stables for a few years and have spent a lot of money on rides. Took my daughter for her 10th birthday for a ride as this is a tradition we have started with my mum. The owner was not there that day and people running the trail rides appeared flustered. Our ride time was incorrectly booked in and so we had to go riding with a group that was ready to go. That was fine... what wasn’t fine was that we paid for an hour ride and only got 40min. The horses weren’t wearing bridles just halters with rope... the horses don’t appear trained in this technique and therefore are not controllable except for one horse that appeared to be trained in his technique. Therefore cantering on a horse that was unable to be rein controlled was not an option. Several experienced riders on our ride told me they were also not feeling confident on their horse. My horse was blind in one eye and tired. Upon asking the owner for an adjustment of price to reflect the shorter ride, owner did not respond, I then asked again a week later to which the response was that we had a good hour ride. I’m very disappointed. We have done the Megalong all day ride before and numerous other trail rides with this place before and obviously customer satisfaction is not a priority. We wont be returning.

5  Thank leahhili
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Only the best I can tell about this place. I couldn't wish for a nicer place to go for a sunset horse ride. The valley- where the farm is located- is just incredible. We also saw a group of wild kangaroos.
Give plenty of time to get this place, because the road is unpaved on the last 3-5 km.
GPS may be required.
You can come here with a little horse riding experience too.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I went for a leisurely 3 hour ride through the Blue Mountains. Our guide Immie was very knowledgeable about the area. We even saw some wild kangaroos on our ride.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Centennial Glen Stables is a gorgeous property in the Blue Mountains! We thoroughly enjoyed our 3-hour ride with Immie as our guide. The horses, Joey and Simba, were great mounts and took us all through the bush and paddocks. We saw kangaroos on our ride! Jim the owner was so helpful, emailing us directions and recommending car rental. If your in Sydney, take a day trip here, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We made an appointment the night before and arrived in the morning. The stables was hard to find despite with google map (the actual location was another 20 min drive beyond what the google map indicated). It was a sunny weekday and it wasn't busy. After a brief introduction and payment, Danielle helped us sit on the horses. Danielle was a pleasant young lady and she knows the horses well. She was patient in giving intructions to us who ve no prior experience in horse riding. We had a 1 hr ride led by Danielle and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The horses were obedient and gentle. We felt safe throughout the ride. Contennial Glen Stables is suitable for everyone including children and inexperienced adults.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We did the sunset ride, highly recommended. The property and horses are simply stunning. Our instructor Bella was fantastic. Really enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We booked a very last minute ride with Jim and his amazing team of riders for a group of 10 very important travellers. Not only was the bush ride fantastic with lovely well trained horses ( some of them were ridden in halters only -- amazing! ) , they even spotted a family of kangaroos! Our guests were so excited!
What I wanted to really highlight though was the service they offered. We found out in the morning of our ride that our big bus would never make it down the windy road into the valley, so Jim organised taxis for all our group to picked up and dropped off in Blackheath. It's not everyday that people will go above an beyond for their customers, but the CGS team really do.
A beautiful place in every way.
Thank you Jim, Danielle and your team, you really made our day!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

My handicapped daughter and I booked a 1 hour trail-ride. Jim organized it and was just the nicest and most patient person taking us out and working with us. The scenery is gorgeous, the horses are well trained (they don't just follow nose to butt) and well looked after, and the ride was very enjoyable. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Dale S
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We booked a private 1.5 hour horse ride for myself, my partner and friend.We were lead by Jada and she was an amazing guide, friendly, genuine and made sure we all felt comfortable (especially me, given i had not ridden a horse before).

The owners Jim and Judith were very helpful in organising with Jada to allow to me to propose to my partner on the journey. The track led us to an awesome lookout point of Megalong Valley, the scenery and view was perfect for the proposal.

Highly recommend Centennial Glen Stables. thanks again Jada!

1  Thank Keiran H