Ashcrofts Bistro
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: UNFORTUNATELY ASHCROFTS BISTRO WILL BE CLOSED FOR TRADING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO A FIRE IN THE RESTAURANT WE HOPE TO BE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN VERY SOON At ashcrofts bistro we pride ourselves in using only the freshest seasonal and local produce. We strive to use the most sustainable products where possible, with menu changing seasonally to reflect the availability of ingredients. Working closely together with our local suppliers we ensure that only the best quality produce will make its way from paddock to plate.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My partner and I had been wanting to try Ashcrofts for ages but finances didn't permit. We ended up going for her birthday, and had such a wonderful night. The service was friendly and unobtrusive and made us feel like we were valued, returning guests rather than Ashcroft newbies. The starter of a cauliflower soup-type dish with truffle oil (didn't get the full title) was an unexpected and delicious pleasure (and on the house too). I went for the vegetarian options (including the most divine gnocchi), and I think, for once, I got the better meal (after a lifetime suffering the ubiquitous vege lasagna at non-vego restaurants.) My partner liked her fish, but lusted after my gnocchi.) The quantities were just right leaving us satiated but not stuffed - we had all three courses. (The lavosh bread with the green pea mousse looked artistic but was really little more than a garnish - my only criticism.)
We look forward to coming again. It was indeed everything it was cracked up to be.

1  Thank Kuleblue

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had a meal with family for my 60 th. staff very attentive without being over the top. The oversight of one entree was handled respectfully. The food was excellent. Our group of 7 tried most of the limited but careful menu. Only criticism was the sauce with the snapper. Too salty for my liking, spoiling the delicate flavor of the fish. We thought the wines were pricey. Apart from those criticisms we would go there again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

a revisit and never disappoints. Food delicious and service prompt and friendly, and helpful in making choices; love the cosiness and walking distance from Blackheath Motor Inn helps too. see you next time

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Under Mary Jane and Corrine this restaurant was prize winning! Under its new owners, Adrain and Csilla, it is maintaining their high standards and gradually developing it's own style. The menu is seasonal, so you should plan to come here at least four times a year!

Our visit was a celebration of our wedding anniversary. My entrée was pork belly, crisp skin and minimal but adequate fat. Main was venison with a beautiful beetroot and dark chocolate jus.

My wife has a difficult digestive system, but this was not a problem, as the chef understood and worked around her sensitivities with out the stress of negotiating for her meal. She left the table satisfied and smiling. If you have problems, give them the courtesy of good notice so they can plan to meet your needs, particularly on busy evenings.

I will be going back to celebrate my birthday in June, so that is two visits so far this year.

1  Thank albear2007
Reviewed 27 April 2014

i went there for the second time and each time it is a great pleasure and satisfaction. The food is delicate, the flavour are very well combined. You can really see the creativity from the chef in each dishes. The atmosphere is relaxing, the service is very great and the waiters and waitresses are doing their job perfectly and with heart ! What else to say :)

1  Thank Olivier D