“A little oasis!”

Comfort Inn Harvest Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Gunnedah
Reviewed 16 January 2013

After a 14 hour drive and a sick child we would have been happy to stay anywhere, however the Harvest Lodge far exceeded our expectations! The service you receive from all the staff is above and beyond, rooms are clean and very presentable. Meals were beautiful and reasonably priced. As my child was unwell, they served me in my room whilst my family dined in the restaurant. It's the little things that count, flexibility to pay your bill when you depart, catering to travellers with breakfasts that can be arranged at the earliest of hours, the complimentary toiletries like razors, toothbrush, toothpaste, combs etc are not offered by the big resort chains. Country hospitality here is outstanding, we will be back to stay for longer in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank 169krh

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The last 2 motels we sayed in (Inverell and Narabri) had nothing we could complain about but I wouldn't rave about them eather.
On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and changes were made to accomodated the parking of our higher than normal van to ensure it was undercover and close to our room. I felt at home straight away.
An exceptionally clean and well kept premesis and well appointed beyond our expectations.
I don't know about the 2 negative comments on here as we haven't found any bugs at all, maybe someone should tell them bugs are attracted to lights at night and they should keep their room door closed if the light is on. Whinging poms maybe? (I can say that I was a pom, before the operation and getting my papers to stay in Gods country)
Seeing a lot of mine workers, travellers and company type cars tells me they found gold here in the Golden West.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Stuart T
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and our 2 young sons stayed here for the night. it was very modern, and spacious. we had minimal cutlery though as it wasnt a self contained room. the rate was quite reasonable and the grounds very well looked after. was short distance by car to the main centre where there is a coles target and woolies etc. there isnt a lot too do in Gunnedah but our accomdation made up for that. would definetly stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HarperG82
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have been staying here every year on holidays for the past 6 years and I would not dream of staying anywhere else. Nothing is to much trouble for Deb and Terry and you are always treated like family. The rooms are first class and the home cooked food is worth the drive from Adelaide.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Justin F
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I never write Reviews and thought if there was ever the time to write one this is it, this is the 3rd time i have stayed here. Debbie the owner and manager of Harvest Lodge was so so lovely and accomodating...She was so welcoming and genuine and not to mention the lovely rooms! Clean and modern and just beautiful. It was so nice to feel at home. I sleept like a log...especially after the massive beautiful home cooked meals we had in the dinning room. I just cannot stop raving about it! I just have to say aswell as i have noticed on here there are two unfair reviews of this motel...i cannot even imagine how they would be true so please do not take notice of this. Some people just have bad days/weeks/years and take it out on the wrong people. Debbie & Terry deserve so much praise for their hard work in keeping guests like me all the way from the Riverina HAPPY!!! The location the food the rooms etc etc are just amazing. Do your self a favour and stay with this lovely lovely Motel. You will not regret it......you will infact find yourself writing a review just like me on how god damn GOOD it is!

Room Tip: Debbie will look after you ;)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jo C
Reviewed 30 April 2012

What this motel offers is for you to become very very friendly with insect. They will literally become your new best friends. You most certainly won't feel alone in the motel room. Also good exercise killing the earwigs plus staying up half the night trying to kill all the Mosquitos. So if you wanna drop a few pounds then this is the right place for you. Plus you might personally need to clean the room yourself as the bugs I killed were still on the floor the next day so by all this I was quite disappointed by this motel so I would not reccommend this motel to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank Trisha C
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We absoloutly LOVE staying in this motel. Could not rate it high enough! The warm amostphere in the dinning room and fabulous home cooked food gives you a wonderful feeling of home. The menu in whole is like no other motel we have stayed at! There is so much variety and you even have the choice of hearty home cooked meals to take away at lunch! The rooms have everything you need, we had the pleasure of staying in there Spa suit! It was all we could have asked for and more, massive comfortable bed, a huge bathroom, dining table lounge suit/tv area and even has a large outdoor court yard and outdoor setting! Can't wait for our next visit!! If your planning to stay in the area, this is definetly the place to be!!

Room Tip: Spa Suit is the way to go!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple