“Great stay!”

The Bowen Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lithgow
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My Husband, toddler and I stayed for 4 nights and were very happy with all aspects of the motel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the continental breakfast included was a great start to the day. The staff were friendly, helpful and really couldnt do enough for you. From something as little as heating up my daughters breakfast every morning, to supplying milk for her bottle when we had run out one night! I even left a bag of washing in the laundry as the machine was in use, came back later and someone had put it on for me!!! I highly recommend the Surveyors restaurant as we ate there with 4 others for dinner one night, and the food was divine. Highly recommended the Bowen Inn, especially if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate W
There are newer reviews for The Bowen Inn Motel

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were very impressed with the Bowen Inn. The rooms were spotless and we were very well taken care of by the hotel manager Lucy who was great. We are from England and would definately come back to the Bowen Inn if we visited Australia again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank William M
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight Dec 30. At this time of year we expected that the motel would not be busy and this was indeed the case. The lady who was looking after the place was doing it all on her own. We cannot praise her highly enough. She was pleasant, helpful and a mine of information on places to eat in Lithgow. The in house restaurant was closed due to the season. I managed to leave my iPad in the room and she rang us to let us know so we were able to return and retrieve it. The same lady was also responsible for servicing the rooms and doing breakfast. I don't know how she did frankly but my wife and I both remarked on how nice the rooms presented and how clean and fresh they looked and smelled.

We've stayed here previously and it was a good experience, and this time only reminded us how pleasant and helpful staff are vital to ensure a good stay. This lady is a great asset to this motel and we'll be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murray A
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We recently stayed at the Bowen Inn Motel, as a last minute decision as we had been traveling all day. I was almost going to keep going as the last time I stayed there it was such a horrible experience. I was so glad we stopped! From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the wonderful friendly staff, (I later found out they were the New Owners). The rooms had been refurbished, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. We decided to try the restaurant and we were very impressed! The menu had a great selection, and the food and service I would highly recommend! We will be back again and next time with no hesitation!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RHONDA48
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed here for one night. I thought the price was expensive. (it was a saturday though). It did however, include a continental breakfast. Cooked breakfast was extra. Room was clean, the beds were comfortable and room amenitites were fine. Tea and coffee making was available in the rooms. I don't like the bathrooms as the door opens right onto the shower screen. Bad design. Also the main door is like two giant glass windows. one being the door. you can be easily locked out of your room if you don't take your key with you as once the door shuts behind you, you can't get back in. Also i couldn't open any window for fresh air. Plenty of parking though. Each room has a parking bay. I didn't hear any road noise. Reception area is small, but the restaurant has plenty of room, nice open and spacious. Also the milk supplied for tea/coffee in the rooms is long life which i detest, so i had mine without milk. Stay was pleasant, no real complaints. this place does get busy so book early to avoid missing out. we stay here for convenience to a friends place. it is a bit far to walk to town so you are looking at $15+ taxi ride as the hotel is located on the main highway.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ozveildancer
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Good value, comfortable, relatively quiet (close to highway, but road noise was not bad), beds comfortable, shower was one of those water saver types but at least it gave a reasonable shower (I've stayed in many places where the shower was a waste of time - no water other than a faint mist - at least this place gave enough water to have a real shower).
Best part was the restaurant attached to the Motel. Open fire, nice layout and excellent food. Wine menu is very limited but well priced. House red was better than I expected at $5 a glass.
Staff very helpful. And internet is free! (why do the expensive places charge for something that costs almost nothing?)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel is under new management as of July 11
The new owners have refurbished the rooms as well as the restaurant menu. Their level of customer service is second to none :-)
Nothing was any trouble. The place was so warm and inviting we have booked our daughters christening luncheon in the restaurant :-)

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithgow
The Carrington Hotel
Palais Royale Blue Mountains
Black Gold Motel
Black Gold Motel
#1 of 2 in Wallerawang

Been to The Bowen Inn Motel? Share your experiences!