“Zig Zag Motel Lithgow”
Review of Zig Zag Motel

Zig Zag Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lithgow
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fine, adequate, nothing outstanding. Comfy beds. Didn't eat in the restaurant as we arrived quite late, but I hear it's good. Noisy aircon was wheezing and carrying on all night. No NRMA discount - poo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Work has taken me to Lithgow and beyond lately but I hadn't had a chance to explore, so I took advantage of the school holidays and a a rare free weekend and took the family. We chose the Zig Zag Motel based on reviews here.

Booking was a breeze. We checked in around 7.30 on Friday night and found our room to be very spacious. Very comfy queen bed, single bed for Miss 7 and there was also a sofa bed. Along with the USUAL bar fridge, robe etc.

The bathroom was spotlessly clean as was the rest of the room. We were in room 34 which was as far away from the highway as possible. We didn't have any wanted noise at any time. The accommodation was easy to operate at much needed to keep the room warm on what was a very cold and miserable weekend.

We ate at the restaurant on site the first night which started out really well. Our entrees were just spectacular and delicious. Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed with my main which was overcooked and Miss 7 didn't like hers. By that time I was too tired to make a fuss. The staff were very helpful and eager to please.

Motel was very handy to everything by car. My recommendations were the glow worm caves and the small arms factory.

I would definitely recommend Zig Zag Motel to anyone staying in Lithgow for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Amandaandian
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Although close to a highway and busy rail line, with long, night time freighters, I found my room comfortable and restful. The staff were helpful in resolving any issues I had. I did find the freight trains noisy, but the A/c countered that.

Room Tip: Rail and road noise would affect all rooms equally. The aircon does drown it out though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

At short notice I needed to stay in Lithgow for work. A friend suggested the Zig Zag Motel. It is more than 20 years since I stayed in Lithgow, and I was there for 3 nights! I found the staff friendly and helpful, the meals excellent and the room to my expectations.
I travel a lot for work, but rarely away from the Capital Cities. The accommodation was exactly what I needed and there was plenty of room to spread out and get some work done between meetings. It was a pity I picked the coldest part of winter with two minus 3 days, but this is not the motel's fault. If I need to stay in the area again, I will happily go back to the Zig Zag Motel.

Room Tip: I had room 38 which was right at the back of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Adpo01
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed on a July 14 weekend, we had looked at a few other hotels before Zig Zag and struggled to find accommodation, and if there was accommodation it was so expensive it just wasn't worth the effort..

I kept looking and on the Friday found Zig Zag Motel which was surprisingly good! Accommodation included an Executive Room and Hot Breakfast in the morning which was also sufficient.. Some things that spring to mind Rooms were fine & clean, Staff were nice, Value for Money..

Good Job Zig Zag, we will stay again..

Room Tip: Stayed in Executive Room was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Simon D
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We only stayed overnight and being from out of town is probably why they don't really care to much. When we arrived, the person behind the desk wasn't really friendly, threw I about keys so off we went. The rooms are not a bad size however extremely dated ANDY room didn't even have a TV! Being late I isn't bother complaining but for the expected rating of the hotel and the price we had to pay, it was abissmal. These rooms considering what we got and the location shouldn't be anymore than $90-100 per night where we paid 50% above this.
Never again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank P4ppy76
ZigZag-Manager, Manager at Zig Zag Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I sincerely apologise that you were checked into a room without a TV. I have spoken to our staff regarding this, it definitely should not have happened. We do have onsite management to resolve any issues, at any time, immediately for our guests. It is disappointing that we weren't given the opportunity to solve this for you at the time.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very over priced. I travel a lot for work, and paying $135 up in the mountains I would of expected something a bit nicer, but it's old, run down and only a fan heater in the room (in winter) that was noisy and didn't work too well. Would of been ok at about half the price

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cathynatasha

Thank you for your review of our property. We work closely with other properties in our area to ensure our rates are very much on par. We are certainly sorry to hear that you didn't find the heating in the room adequate, and we definitely would have provided an extra heater for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithgow
The Carrington Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lithgow
Sky Rider Motor Inn
Sky Rider Motor Inn
#1 of 15 in Katoomba

Been to Zig Zag Motel? Share your experiences!