“Best Place to Stay so Friendly”

Burke and Wills Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Moree
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were travelling around on holidays and stopped in Moree at the Burke and Wills it was one of the best motels I've stayed at. The staff were very friendly and very informative, when asked what was around to look at they suggested we go to Lightning Ridge It is not that far to go for a day trip approx. 3 hrs. They also suggested we go on a local tour that took us to the pecan farm, cotton gin an a few other places. I could not recommend the Motel and the Staff highly enough, the meals in the restaurant or room service couldn't be faulted. The Staff were courteous and had professional attitude....... Great place to stay for one night or many

Room Tip: Ask for a delux room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki B

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here last week, I travel to moree on regularly for business,fortunatly for me the Motel that I normally use was booked out.So I stayed for the first time at the Burke & Wills.I have already booked my room for the next 12 months,The staff were very friendly,the room was spacious,new bathroom new beds,& lounge,i didn,t feel as if I was in a jail like a lot of motels in Moree. I had room service that night, I could not fault it, breakfast I had in the dining room & real fresh fruit salad,carn,t wait till my next visit.I read Tony B review I think he must be speaking of another motel in Moree,

Room Tip: Ask to be put in the renovated rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tommyfin
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have travelled throughout country NSW for work for the past 8 years, so I understand the quality of motels. Recently I had a holiday to Bangkok and stayed at the Grand Hyatt and I am not that pretentious to expect that quality. As for this motel, the room is adequate, although the water pressure in the shower was non-existent!! The bed was acceptable however, the air conditioning unit did not even come close to being adequate with the summer heat in Australia. The restraurant is probably the best in town!!! The main problem with this motel is the service!!!! After a ten hour drive to reach the motel from Sydney a polite greeting would have been appreciated!!!! A polite greeting is not available at this motel. When ordering room service toss a coin and hope for the best. Sometimes it arrives in a timely manner and other times you have to phone and remind reception that you ordered room service over 1 hour and 20 minutes before!!! Not bothered about the wait if the restaruant was busy however, a simple room call to indicate there was a delay would have been appreciated!!!! It would also have been appreciated if the room service could be delivered with some politeness!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed in a family unit, two adults and three children. Great space and yes the décor is a bit outdated but beds were comfy and clean. Someone else mentioned bugs which deterred us a bit until you realise you are in the middle of the bush so that is to be expected. Fly spray is supplied as a freebie which is great. City folk would find it unpleasant but country folk are well and truly used to it lol. Management could not be more helpful, free internet and the food is fantastic. Being a light sleeper I was concerned about traffic noise but it was non existent, had a very restful night and we were surprised by the size of the swimming pool, very big compared to other hotels in the area, kids had a ball.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank truckette
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my 8 month old and husband on our first family return to moree.

Staff were much more helpful than other accommodation houses in town.

Staff were only too happy to help. The room was clean. Bathroom was spacious. Lovely outlook through the window and very quite.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Natalie T
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been staying at this venue for several years now although some of my visits are months apart. I travel through delivering new buses interstate and my overnight stopovers are decided by my schedule on the day. The busy restaurant has always been a drawcard to myself and many other regular travellers I have met whilst staying here. Many locals also enjoy the delicious meals served with friendly smiles by the efficient staff. This more than compensated for the out-dated rooms. However, new owners in recent times are currently renovating five (5) rooms at a time. It was a pleasant surprise to walk into my allocated room recently and discover the fully renovated bathroom and colour change to the bamboo decorative trim in the bedroom.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tery Y
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently stayed here for business, It is one of the better hotels in Moree.
Being a little ways out of town has it's advantages, it was very quiet and plenty of space if your travelling with family.
The rooms were really dark with strange metal bars (I assume they were decorative) between the entrance to the living area and bathroom.

I didn't dine in the restaurant but noticed that it was very full and the menu looked very reasonable.

Not a bad place, could do with a little renovation but was clean, quiet and well priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business