“A rushed and fun trip”

Victoria & Albert Guesthouse
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Unexpectedly we found ourselves in Mount Victoria on a Saturday night with no bed for the night! The guest house luckily had a small room still available with a cooked breakfast all for $70 , unbelievable . The room was quaint with an ensuite and we were cosy as possums.
A wonderful night and breakfast bonus.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 May 2014

1st place we stopped - Advertised DEVONSHIRE TEA on the blackboard outside and also displayed inside

Thought a nice devonshire tea sounds great . ok UP THE STAIRS no one around place looked dead go in yeah advertised devonshire tea OK

Out of nowhere this very grey looking female appeared scared the life outta me very apologetic said she should have taken the sign down no devonshire tea today - she said try the Imperial Hotel up the road see my review for the Imperial Hotel ( dont bother their chef cant do more than 1 thing at a time according to the barman ) PS dont go up the mountains during the week if u expect to get any service

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank missy b
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was my second stay at this friendly and character filled property. Our en-suite room was spacious and very clean, the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included in our rate and on the Saturday morning we had hot breakfast of poached eggs, tomato and mushrooms at no extra charge (apparently the weekend special offer). It took some time for the hot water to reach the spout in the shower and basin, but the hot did arrive and stayed. All in all, we had a very nice stay. I am planning to return in spring.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed more than a couple of times at The Victoria & Albert. We are always greeted very warmly and are very well looked after by Roman & Katie. The accommodation is charming, clean and comfortable. The food is good. And when Roman is not too busy, he will entertain us with his brilliant guitar playing.

Being from Central NSW, we like the convenience of using the metropolitan railway in to Sydney, which is only a 2 minute walk away. We are able to leave our car safely parked and travel hassle-free. On occasions, we have needed to make a very early start. Nothing being too much trouble for Roman, he will be up to ensure we can have some breakfast before we leave. He will also make sandwiches for us to take on the train - and I can honestly say I've never eaten more delicious sandwiches in my life!

My only critical review would be to say that, although this grand old building has so much charm and potential, it really is in need of repairs and maintenance. However, the warmth and friendliness of the staff more than make up for the need of a coat of paint. We will definitely be booking in again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BillBeth
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A nice place to stay and overall a great experience. The charm of the old days versus complete lack of maintenance. I would urge the owners to invest in a make up of this lovely guesthouse with all its potential. The innkeepers are pleasant and very accommodating. Service at dinner was very slow during the busy Easter weekend. The rooms are clean but would be nice to find a hair dryer or a bottle of water there. Again, the place has so much charm and potential, whoever owns the place should invest some revenue back into it to make sure it does not fall apart in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Simone L
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When my partner and I arrived we were met by an unfriendly staff member who said that she had gone through instructions regarding breakfast, the guesthouse etc so many times already that day that we should just refer to the sheet provided. The sheet had all the information, however her manner was very cold and unwelcoming! The room itself was fine for the price paid ($130). The room was warm, clean, bed was fairly uncomfortable, there was no tv, there were quite a few cobwebs, and the room was generally worn down. However for the price I thought it was ok. At night there was considerable noise from the road which kept my partner awake. The bathroom had slat windows which couldn't be completely shut, meaning that it was very cold to go into at night. The bathroom was relatively clean but again very worn down. The toilet was also broken and leaked water when you flushed! The cooked breakfast was very average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just returned from a fun & relaxing weekend at The Victoria & Albert at Mount Victoria with my husband & 4 friends. Thank you Roman for being the best host & chef. Our meal on Saturday night was fabulous finished off perfectly with Roman's fantastic & yummy crepes. Also a big thank you to Tracey , Linda & Katie for making our stay so comfortable. We were lucky enough to have the spa room which I certainly made use of. We will be back .

Room Tip: The rooms with ensuites are my pick