“Nightmare and so over priced”

Mount Victoria Manor
Reviewed 16 June 2012

What a nightmare Terrible customer service Run down old mansion that smelt musty and had a spooky feel. Empty rooms everywhere Peak winter season only two guests for massive double story guesthouse Cold and old delapated furniture Needs more than a face lift. I've been harsh as a warning

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank Murph92

Reviewed 4 May 2012

What a find! We felt like we had stepped into the 1920's. We needed a weekend out of town and an easy place to unwind. Our room was spacious and warm, had a large, comfy bed, fresh crisp linen and a delightful ensuite with large bath! Breakfast was very generous, unrushed with bottomless tea & coffee, with unobtrusive but delightful service. All staff were helpful with advice about how to spend our couple of days in the mountains, I always love getting local knowledge! We ate dinner while we were out, but spent a lovely evening of billiards, wine and conversation with fellow guests in the large, but cosy lounges. I've recommended this place to a few of my friends who wanted to stay somewhere with more soul than a resort-type hotel, without compromising the quality of the rooms or facilities. Just delightful!! We will definitely be back, perhaps for one of their special nights, they had just had a Titanic evening!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louise N
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this run down,poorly managed guest house.
The management were rude and impersonal.
But the food (if thats the correct description) was a nightmare and by far the worst I,ve
ever eaten in my life.
I could not finish one course.
I highly recommend that you steer well clear of this highly disappointing facade of a guest house.
Oh and by the way I was quoted $180 a night but when we arrived that had increased to $225.
Need I say more.....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Echoman88
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Rented the Orchard View, as we had friends from the UK with us. This is a roomy place and the facilities downstairs would be great for kids. The beds and linen etc were of a good standard, but expect an older building in need of an upgrade. I am afraid what got my goat was for the price we got a towel each for 4 of us and 2 hand towels. The main reason we upgraded to this room was for the 'Large wrap around verandah' Sadly it is in need of repair and the furniture was a disgrace, green plastic faded patio furniture and old metal frame table.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Wallerawang
Comfort Inn Redleaf Resort
Comfort Inn Redleaf Resort
#4 of 5 in Blackheath

Been to Mount Victoria Manor? Share your experiences!