“Great food, great hospitality”

The Globe Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Rylstone
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Globe Hotel restaurant is an award winning restaurant featuring local and regional produce. Our market garden and chicken coup supplies eggs, herbs and selected vegetables for our busy restaurant.Located in the fertile Mudgee wine region, Rylstone is the home of many regional wineries. We feature Bush Rock Wines, Naked Lady Wines as well as hand selected wines for our restaurant. We love wine, so don't hesitate to ask for our advice.
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent, fresh food. The ribs melted off the bones & the staff were lovely. A wonderful country pub serving good, honest food. Charming.

1  Thank Samantha H

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been to the Rylstone Globe Hotel a few times, their meals are adequate. The prices are expensive so you would expect a top quality meal.

Last night I had chicken, mushroom and broccoli pot pie with chips. The filling of the pie consisted of slithers of chicken, sliced mushroom and about an ear of broccoli with actual small tiny pieces of broccoli floating around the bottom.

When I cut into the top the sauce came out. I peeled the lid back and guess what was in the bowl and it was soup, the filling was drowned by the abundant amount of sauce. The sauce was runny and I had to find pieces of filling in the bottom to put in my mouth. Which was not what a pot pie or any pie should be.

The chips were ordinary.

All up this meal was $18 a total blatant rip off. I would have expected more. Was there Gold or Silver in the soup oops I mean sauce to make it $18?

I could have went across the road to the Deli and got a chicken and gravy roll with chips for $7.50 and that would have been delicious and filling.

2  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I enjoyed my meal last week. My snapper was cooked to perfection with crispy salad. The staff was very friendly. Everyone was praising the chef for the awesome food. I am glad Rylstone had such a awesome place to eat. I go there every week and tried most of dishes and they all were great.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Best place to eat in town, which is not saying much.

The hotel is a bit basic, but this is a small country town so that is fine, and the restaurant is nicely done up. The food was good without being outstanding and more than adequate if you find yourself in town and want somewhere to eat.

If you were staying at the Lue Hotel, as we were, or the Louee Motorcross & Enduro Track Complex, you might be better served going the other way, to Mudgee and eating for the same price at the much better Ori Bistro.

In summer you could even sneak in a well deserved late arvo swim at the Mudgee local pool before dinner at the Ori.

But if you are in Rylstone then The Glebe Hotel will do as a place to eat.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great food.....but if you're looking for a place to sleep.......drive, or in my case, ride on...just keep going. Banging doors,loud swearing locals into the wee hours, below average shared toilet and showers.