“Welcoming hosts to a comfortable stay.”

Peter Allen Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tenterfield
South West Rocks, Australia
“Welcoming hosts to a comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here overnight on our way to Roma. The husband & wife hosts are very friendly and welcoming, while we we checking in with the wife the husband had walked up to our room to turn the air conditioner on to heat the room. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless, the bed is so comfortable along with good pillows. We had breakfast included in our tariff, which arrived on the dot of 7 as requested, served on heated plates was a lovely breakfast of bacon & poached eggs on toast.
Highly recommend this motel and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marian_HTenterfield, Owner at Peter Allen Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Peter Allen Motor Inn and found everything to your liking.
We hope you are enjoying the rest of your trip and look forward to seeing you when you return to Tenterfield.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am coming to the end of a weeks stay and I can not speak too highly of the time spent here. At first I was concerned about its location on the New England Highway but the rooms are double bricked and I have not heard the traffic at all. It is also a factor in not hearing the people in the next door rooms, one night I had a baby and toddler -didn't here a sound.The rooms are very clean and have all that you need, even supplied me with a microwave, wine glass and a soup spoon so that I was able to provide my own meals. Nothing was too much trouble. The owners are warm and welcoming and The beds are very good and I have had the best sleep for a long time.Will Be Staying here whenever I am travelling this way again and recommend it to all. Tina K

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Marian_HTenterfield, Owner at Peter Allen Motor Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review.
We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay at the Peter Allen Motor Inn and found everything to your liking.
We look forward to seeing you again when you have more research to do.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From arrival to departure, this establishment did not disappoint. Friendly service, clean rooms and the most comfortable bed ever. Undercover parking right outside the room was a bonus. Even a bucket with a squeegee to clean the bug covered windscreen. The price is very reasonable. This was by far my favourite, yet cheapest, motel we stayed at on our 10 day journey. A very short walk to the shops, cafes or restaurants. My only regret.......We didn't stay longer !!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marian_HTenterfield, Owner at Peter Allen Motor Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for rating us your favourite Motel on your trip. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Peter Allen Motor Inn and hope to treat you to a similar experience next time you visit Tenterfield
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had to drive solo from Brisbane to Tamworth to see my 92 year old mum in hospital. After a couple of days I was worried about doing the return trip and my husband said break the journey at Tenterfield this time. I left Tamworth at lunch time and arrived at the Peter Allan at 5.30pm. The welcome was like I had made it home. I had never stayed there before but having the airconditioning put on to make the room warm was so appreciated it was priceless. I was too tired to bother with dinner at the hotel just through the gate but enjoyed my hot breakfast so hit the road for the last leg home. Bed and pillows wonderful and a cheery wave for my journey. Thank you and I would happily recommend The Peter Allan and it's lovely people to anyone needing to stay in Tenterfield.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for the generous review.We are pleased your stay at the Peter Allen Motor Inn was an enjoyable and comfortable experience and look forward to seeing you when next you visit Tenterfield
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great service and room was exactly as described. Clean and tidy. Beds sooo comfy. Convenient location with an easy walk to main street. Great for an overnight stay. Good value for money. Friendly staff. Thanks very much.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Marian_HTenterfield, Owner at Peter Allen Motor Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review.
It was very pleasing to hear you had an enjoyable time and found our rooms very comfortable.
We like to ensure everyone who stays with us has a positive experience .
We look forward to your next visit .
Grafton, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very friendly owners that went out of their way to make you feel special. Room were pre heated so cosy when entered. Clean and very comfortable beds. Great experience and would be my only choice to stay when in tenterfield again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for your generous review.
It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.
Mermaid Waters, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Peter Allen Motor Inn is well situated for local town shopping and very low truck noise considering it is right on the truck highway to Glen Innes. Rooms clean and well appointed for a small overnight payment. Motel is next to a very interesting museum and needs checking out before leaving town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marian_HTenterfield, Owner at Peter Allen Motor Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Peter Allen Motor and had a good night's rest. We hope to see you again when you next visit Tenterfield