“Great scones and cakes” 3 of 5 bubbles

Conservation Hut
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great scones and cakes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice views but they were very busy and appeared understaffed for school holidays crowds - tables not cleared, slow service.

Visited July 2014

Katoomba, Australia
“Spectacularly awful service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

At one point during Sunday lunch, I became convinced that I must have committed some great injustice to our server at some point in time before having had the audacity to come into her restaurant and sit in her section. In hindsight, the rudeness and contempt I was met with at the door would turn out to be the high point of the visit. The low point, was having to walk out an hour and a half later having watched my wife and daughter eat their sandwiches while my repeated attempts to please bring out my order went completely ignored. For the record, I had to ask three times and the closest I ever got to an apology or an updated wait-time was a "the kitchen cooked the wrong sandwich." I guess the best thing I could say about the Conservation Hut was that they didn't try to charge me for the sandwich I never received.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jeffrey M
Sydney, Australia
“Terrible Terrible Service but Good Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good Afternoon, how are you? A greeting which is non-existent at this cafe! We visited this cafe for the 4th time last week. The staff were rude and were obviously having a bad day. We waited at the counter for 5 mins to be seated while 3 staff members walked past us and ignored us. It took them 15mins before they took our order (they were not even busy). When were received the coffee it was cold and asked for it to be remade. The only positive is the location, its an amazing view. Sorry, but will not be going back. The rudeness was terrible! We also heard the tables next to us commenting on the staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WABBY80
“Dreadful service staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Clearly the staff were having a bad day, but their rudeness had us walking out. Luckily, we found the local patisserie.

3 Thank Joe S
“A real treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have thoroughly enjoyed two visits to the Conservation Hut this vacation and hope we can squeeze in at least another. The meals are delicious and the staff are efficient. The view fabulous. A meal, whether it is breakfast, lunch, morning or afternoon tea, is a real treat. I recommend you make a reservation as it is popular. In winter, request a table by the open fire or a table outside on the deck if the weather is good.

• Visited June 2014