“Views and an open fire”
Review of Conservation Hut

Conservation Hut
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Position, position, position here! Food is quite nice but I wouldn't rave about it. Cakes are lovely. Service was fine and friendly. Great spot after hiking and always lovely and warm by the fire. Average prices and average food but fabulous, affordable ambiance whilst visiting the mountains.

1  Thank Shelly J

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice views but they were very busy and appeared understaffed for school holidays crowds - tables not cleared, slow service.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

At one point during Sunday lunch, I became convinced that I must have committed some great injustice to our server at some point in time before having had the audacity to come into her restaurant and sit in her section. In hindsight, the rudeness and contempt I was met with at the door would turn out to be the high point of the visit. The low point, was having to walk out an hour and a half later having watched my wife and daughter eat their sandwiches while my repeated attempts to please bring out my order went completely ignored. For the record, I had to ask three times and the closest I ever got to an apology or an updated wait-time was a "the kitchen cooked the wrong sandwich." I guess the best thing I could say about the Conservation Hut was that they didn't try to charge me for the sandwich I never received.

3  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good Afternoon, how are you? A greeting which is non-existent at this cafe! We visited this cafe for the 4th time last week. The staff were rude and were obviously having a bad day. We waited at the counter for 5 mins to be seated while 3 staff members walked past us and ignored us. It took them 15mins before they took our order (they were not even busy). When were received the coffee it was cold and asked for it to be remade. The only positive is the location, its an amazing view. Sorry, but will not be going back. The rudeness was terrible! We also heard the tables next to us commenting on the staff.

3  Thank WABBY80
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Clearly the staff were having a bad day, but their rudeness had us walking out. Luckily, we found the local patisserie.

3  Thank Joe S