“A great escape”
Review of Bunjaree Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wentworth Falls
Bunjaree Cottages
Sydney
“A great escape”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was my fourth stay in Tea Tree Cottage, Bunjaree, and I had another wonderful few days there (ditto my comments posted on 20 January 2013). I love that Bunjaree is so close to where I live, inner Sydney. The drive only takes about 90 minutes, but for one stay I travelled to Wentworth Falls by train, which took less than two hours, and then it was just a short taxi ride from the station to the cottage. So within about a couple of hours I was a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and I could relax and start enjoying my holiday. The cottage is in such a peaceful bushland setting, and yet it is just a couple of kilometres from the lovely Wentworth Falls village (great coffee!). It is only a short drive to some fine restaurants, but I usually take my own food. The kitchen is well-equipped, and it is a treat for me to have meals outside on the verandah while enjoying the seclusion and beauty of the bush. Highly recommended.

Alex

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex-2013-Aust

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hawker, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've done my fair share of bush camping, usually in National Parks a long way from civilisation. What I liked about Bunjaree is that you get a bush setting complete with fireplace but I was never further than a walk away from all the things city slickers (I admit I've become one) take for granted. You can even get down to the city after a short walk to the train station.

The cottage was provisioned with organic coffee, sugar and all the household needs including hot water bottles!

I think this type of accommodation should appeal to the slow movement, bush walkers or anyone with any interest in sustainable living. International travellers should also find it a taste of real Australian bush and wildlife. I really enjoyed watching the colourful birds - kids must love the place! Waratah Cottage where I stayed had a child's cubby complete with library and toys so it was a little wasted on a single traveller but I'm not complaining ;-)

A really nice treat was the visitors book full of charming tid bits from previous families and kids.

The owners were some of the nicest people I've met, Richard and Trudi were happy to come out to deal with the kind of issues that arise from time time with off the grid accommodation. I'd definitely stay again but if you don't appreciate ecologically friendly living then you might be more comfortable in a motel. The cottages are very private so entirely suitable for a romantic weekend and also family friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We booked Wattle Cottage after seeing Bunjaree Cottages advertised in a Blue Mountains brochure. The photograph and write up sounded great.

Sadly it was the exact opposite. The cottage was damp, dark, dirty and dingy - the very antithesis of what is presented in their advertising. There was nobody to welcome you just a key left in the door. We didn't stay but phoned the owner to complain and ask for our money back. Although somewhat defensive he was polite and after some discussion refunded most of our money less an administration fee.

As it was late in the day we settled for a motel a few miles away - 4 star quality and for less money.

Perhaps our experience reflects a cultural difference between Australian and UK expectations but I don't really think so. We have travelled extensively in Australia over the past ten years and always found great hospitality and great quality in all kinds of accommodation.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank PeruvianBear

Travellers are raving about these Wentworth Falls hotels

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I am behind on my reviews but wanted to make sure I let tripadvisor guests know that we enjoyed our stay at Bunjaree in March, 2012. We arrived after three flights and a train ride from the States and spent four nights getting back on our feet at Bunjaree. There were a lot of rules outlined in the booklet at the cabin, but it was also quiet, peaceful, secluded (read: we could wake up at 1:00 a.m, from the time change and make as much noise as we wanted) and close to town--just what we needed to get on our feet before our seven week journey "Down Under." The cabin (Waratah) was equipped with what we needed to cook and the birds were beautiful, too. It worked fur us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I might stay again on value for money and great Eco cabins, just wish I couldn't hear the roads and trains in the distance!!!! I might look for somewhere else in the Blue Mountains a little more remote

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have been to the Bunjaree Cottages three times already, and I’m looking forward to another visit which I have just booked. I always stay in Tea Tree Cottage; all four of the cottages look charming, comfortable and private, but Tea Tree is the most secluded. I love that ‘getting away from it all’ feeling, and also love its bath house- just a fabulous place to relax, unwind and take in the beautiful surrounds. The cottage is well designed and well-equipped, with a good serviceable kitchen area, very comfy queen bed, modern bathroom and great verandahs. It is such a bonus that the cottage is eco-friendly!

Although the cottage is a perfect base for exploring the Blue Mountains by car, or on foot with a great choice of nearby short and long walks, I have to admit to spending most of the time just enjoying the peace and beauty of the bush from the Tea Tree verandahs.

I have found the owners of the property to be professional and courteous, always helpful but unobtrusive. This very well priced accommodation lives up to all my expectations and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I recently organised a blokes weekend away with a few friends at Bunjaree Cottages and we were all very pleased with the location and amenities.
The cottage was well equipped and the bush setting is wonderful. You feel like you are miles from civilisation but shops and restaurants are 5 minutes drive away.
If you are looking for a relaxing break I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
#1 of 8 in Wentworth Falls
Silvermere Bed and Breakfast
Silvermere Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 8 in Wentworth Falls

Been to Bunjaree Cottages? Share your experiences!