“Requires better Management Supervision”

Wentworth Falls Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Wentworth Falls Country Club is the premier golf and social club in the Blue Mountains.The Club was established in 1913 and designed by one of the great Australian golf course designers, Dan Souter PGA.The golf course is less than 90 minutes from Sydney and only 55 minutes from Parramatta, along the M4 Freeway and Great Western Highway.Wentworth Falls Country Club is not just a golf course; it is a complete experience. The extensive Clubhouse facilities offer comprehensive corporate packages. The modern restaurant serves both 'a la carte' and buffet meal facilities and is open every day for lunch and Wednesday through to Saturday for dinner, as well as serving morning coffee and afternoon tea.The restaurant is ideal for functions, parties or special occasions, with corporate entertaining or wedding packages being a speciality. The bar is open daily, with special late hours available on application.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

That diners come in wearing shorts and thongs is not the fault of the chef, but management should implement a dress code for an establishment calling itself a "country club".

This said, I was favourably impressed by the Friday buffet - the only times I have been to the WFCC - there was a good choice and for "group cooking" it was really quite good. Nice crispy roasted loin of pork and a variety of baked vegetables was done well.

But the sour-faced male person who presides at one end of the buffet table, and almost reluctantly carves the meats etc. needs a lesson from management on graciousness, professionalism and PR.

WFCC, Manager at Wentworth Falls Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear copix009

Thank you for your review we appreciate our customers feedback as we improve our offering and professionalism. Our Friday night Carvery dining is always of the highest quality and we are glad you rated it well. We have spent considerable resources lately to make sure our staff are welcoming and customer service professionals. One of our staff members Jackie recently won a Rotary Pride of Workmanship Award for her excellent customer service. Having said that we note that your interaction with our staff was not up to our usual standard and we apologise. Please contact me by email manager@wfcc.com.au or by phone at the club on 02 4757 1202 to discuss this further
Best Regards
Matt Lark
Secretary Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely Country Club nested in the Blue Mountains, reminded me of some of the golf clubs in the North Georgia, USA area that I've visited with my dad over the years. Nice view of the golf course from the club house.
The stop at Wentworth Falls Country Club was part of our Blue Mountain tours out of Sydney.
When we arrive our meals was brought to the table almost immediately. The meal consist of baked chicken, fish, chips, salad, vegies and desert. The club house had a nice bar to grab soda or a drink and they even have a dozen or so slot machines if you feel lucky.
I gathered that a couple of tour groups use Wentworth Falls as a resting & food stop but I did notice a bunch of locals having lunch also. The regular menu looked good to me we daily specials, so if you are in the area and want to sit down and have a fresh lunch with a nice view of the mountain and golf course, give Wentworth Falls a try.

WFCC, General Manager at Wentworth Falls Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Davis S
Thank you for your review.
We have worked hard to improve and maintain our service and quality and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We have many tourist coaches visit us each day and it is always valuable to receive feedback from our customers, I thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family sometime in the future. I hope you had a safe and pleasant holiday.
Best Regards
Matt Lark

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I wanted to have a nice family dinner for my brothers 21st birthday before they went away on an over seas trip. We chose the Wentworth Falls Country Club, terrible mistake! We arrived and the club was empty, weird for a Saturday night. We then proceeded to the counter to be taken to our table, we waited around for the waitress to come take our order, only to realise there was a very serious lack of service! Having to order at the counter, which ended up being very expensive, we waited for the entrees, which was garlic bread and bruschetta. They weren't even cut up, just whole hunks of bread...
We dismissed this in hope the mains would impress, which they did not. The chicken Caesar burgers were poorly presented and looked to be slopped onto the plate. The kids cheese burgers were burnt and lacked a side of chips. The lamb was ordered to be medium to well, and instead was very tough. Not impressed at all! The premium beef burger seemed to have a store bought meat patty on it...so much for premium beef!
I would not reccomend the country club to anyone. My family and I were not pleased with the food or the waitress and waiter (I did not like the look of the waiter) the waiter who brought the 2 kids burgers out stood there blatantly wondering who they were for, with only 2 kids with our group I wonder how he could misjudge this.
DO NOT BE FOOLED! The country club is terrible.

1  Thank secretcritic101
WFCC, General Manager at Wentworth Falls Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hello Customer
Thank you for your review.
I was extremely concerned to read your review regarding your experience, as it is not the quality of food or service that we strive for at our club. We are constantly reviewing our operation to improve and I believe that we can provide you with a much improve offering next time. Please contact me direct to organise a complimentary dinner for you and your group.
I would appreciate further feedback if you can contact me at the club on 02 4757 1202 or on email manager@wfcc.com.au.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I go to the Wentworth Falls Country Club quite regularly, not because it is good, but because it is near my house. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.
One week the food will be fantastic, the next week you order the same food and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
The club also lacks atmosphere. The chairs and tables are falling apart (literally, one of our guests was almost stabbed by a protruding screw recently), the carpet looks dirty, the walls need a fresh coat of paint and the ceiling is covered in water marks.
Yes, they have a child's playroom, which is good, but it is in need of an update (and a clean).
The staff are ok. Some staff are friendly, but some are in need of some training. Last week I ordered a glass of RED wine and the bar man was confused as to why he couldn't find it in the fridge. Another week I asked for a shandy and the same bar man forgot the lemonade.
I do enjoy going to the monthly Trivia, every third Sat. That is fun.

1  Thank FoodieFunGirl
WFCC, General Manager at Wentworth Falls Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear valued customer,
Thank you for your review.
Although we are disappointed to hear that you have not had a positive experience, we endeavour to improve our products and services and will act upon your comments.
The Wentworth Falls Country Club brasserie has improved considerably in the past 12 months and we strive to maintain a high level of consistency in our meals and service. We often receive very positive feedback verbally from our customers, however we apologize if in this instance we have not been able to please you.
Should you wish to contact me directly for any further information or suggestions, please do not hesitate to email me on manager@wfcc.com.au.
We look forward to welcoming you back at our Club soon.
Matt Lark - Secretary Manager WFCC.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A great deal to people staying local in one of the B&B or Cottages around the golf course on $22 per person for 18 holes .