“Just what we wanted”

The Hideaway Retreat
Reviewed 6 December 2009

We organised an event at the Hideaway and stayed the weekend with family and friends. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful, ensuring that everything was where it needed to be - despite the unpredictable weather.

If you're after foxtel and a fully stocked minibar this isn't for you, this is a proper mountains escape - plenty of local wildlife and fantastic views. The walk (from the back of the property) down to Fairy Nymph's Dell is also well worth a go, take a picnic.

• Stayed: November 2009
There are newer reviews for The Hideaway Retreat

Reviewed 11 October 2009

Stayed for a few days with friend on the bank holiday weekend, great location, but bedrooms small and plain, and the bed in the room we had was very uncomfortable and had a number of slats missing. However the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I stayed here with my partner and small child for a wedding. This is one of the loveliest wedding venues I have been to and the staff were lovely. The reception staff were firendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone and we plan to come back for a holiday later on in the year. A lovely comfortable hotel which is close to everything a holiday maker in the Blue Mountains needs.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Medea712
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Lovely hidden understated hotel, we stayed for one night but wished we'd stayed more, gorgeous views and great value nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My 'new' husband, Darren and I were recently wed at The Hideaway Retreat, and we had what was the most glorious day of our lives.

All of our family and friends were easily accommodated. Each and every single guest had a wonderful time and we have been spoiled with their well wishes for now and our future together.

The Hideaway Retreat is indeed a glorious venue, and the most perfect setting I can think of to get hitched!

The scenery is breathtaking, the venue extremely comfortable, and the staff only too willing to help and provide any assistance we required.

Our guests were all impressed with the venue, as were we, and the addition of a bagpipe player set the scene for a wonderfully romantic wedding. Made it we think!

We will definitely be back!

Colleen & Darren Neale

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I needed to escape over the long weekend and a friend of mine had recommended The Hideaway to me as a place to stay and have a good time in the blue mountains. I did have a small amount of trouble finding the hotel (I guess there is a reason it's a "Hideaway") but after a quick phone call to the friendly and helpful staff I was back on track to having a great long weekend. During my stay other reasons why it's called the Hideaway Retreat became apparent, from the apparent seclusion to the breathtaking views. As a quiet weekend away I was only expecting to spend some time on my own catching up with a good book, but what I experienced was much, much better. Upon arrival I found the conference room turned into board-game central! After checking in I was invited to sit in and watch a game that was in progress and to my surprise and delight offered a seat at the next game. Needless to say I accepted and whiled away the night into the small hours having loads of fun in awesome company. Much more than I expected from my weekend escape!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I attended an absolutely amazing and beautiful wedding at the Hideway Retreat! The bride and groom had exclusively hired the venue for the weekend, allowing their guests to stay in the quirky boutique hotel. Each room has it's own charming decor, and an amazing view to the mountains and valley below. It was wonderful to kick back, relax, go wild and not worry about how we were all getting home that night. That made us all feel better about visiting the bar and dancing the night away to the killer swing band in the marquee set up by the pool. In the morning we woke up to a fantastic BBQ breakfast by the pool – such a treat! The searing February heat also had many of the guests taking advantage of the pool. I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate tying the knot!! The staff were friendly, helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable about the local area and helped make this weekend truly memorable for the happy couple. The beautiful views, tranquility, relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms and a long list of things to do in the nearby mountain towns make the Hideaway the perfect place to escape to.. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
moments Mountain Retreat
moments Mountain Retreat
#1 of 8 in Wentworth Falls
Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection

Been to The Hideaway Retreat? Share your experiences!