“Well worth calling in”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Chances are you will be traveling either to or from Sydney when passing by Mountain High Pies and may not wish to break your journey. Take my advice...make that stop and treat yourself to one of the best pies you'll ever taste. The addition of an eat in facility and plenty of cakes to go with a coffee makes this a must-try for anyone who enjoys a great pie.

There are newer reviews for Mountain High Pies

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A prawn and scallop pie with lime/chilli sauce? Yeah, don't mind if I do. And that's a good example of the big range of baked goods available at Mountain High Pies. They have options that I would never have thought of. But I would stick to their baked goods. When offered vegetables with the pie, I said yes and regretted it almost instantly. (If mashed potato, mashed pumpkin and mushy peas are good for you then say yes.) Ordinarily I like all those vegetables but, though the pumpkin wasn't too bad, they lacked flavour. The coffee is ok but there is better around. Nevertheless the staff are friendly and Mountain High Pies is well located on the highway. Stop there if you feel like a snack but I suggest only buying the excellent things they bake.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Wow you would not think a cafe can just rely on great pies but this place covers all bases. Good food, good quick service, clean facilities, parking and quick.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My second stop at this shop and again, I was blown away by the flavors and quality of the pies. Tried a different flavor this time (chunky steak) and the meat was done to perfection....tender and not stringy. Their gravy is rich with flavor. The tea was the best I have had in a restaurant as it came piping hot in an infuser teapot and stayed hot throughout our meal. By the number of tradies and locals that came in each time, I can see we aren't the only ones who love it. Will recommend this place over and over!!!

1  Thank Lex R
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We went to Mountain View pie shop for the 3rd time just to make sure the food was really as good as it was on times 1 and 2 lol.
If only we lived closer .. pies from here would be on the menu frequently .
I had my usual steak and kidney pie with oh so creamy mashed potatoes and the best gravy ever.
Had a pot of tea and I got 3 1/2 cups of perfect, HOT tea from this little pot !
Then . to top it all off , I had the best hot custard tart i've ever tasted .. unbelievable !
I am not one to be generous with my reviews but this place deserved every accolade I can think of .
Cant wait for my next visit.