“Peace and quiet”

Whispering Pines Chalet
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I treated ourselves to a belated 25th wedding anniversary get-a-way to Whispering Pine. We had previously stayed at Den Fenella with our children some years ago and were delighted with that property. This time we booked the Tree Top apartment and what a delight it was. To relax in one of the two sun rooms and watch the sun move across the beautiful gardens was a delight. The apartment was spotless and immaculately serviced.
Bill and Maria were the most considerate hosts, happy to take the time to tell us about the property and the local area, including where to eat. In this busy, frenetic world, it is such a delight to pause and take a breath in such peaceful surrounds.
Thank you, will will be back again.
James and Christine

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDoulis

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stay with my boyfriend at whispering pines over the easter long weekend. I couldn't recommend this place higher! The only thing that comes close to the magnificent garden grounds are the two owners, who's welcoming and hospitable nature made it feel like we were coming home to family. The location of the estate is superb! As it boarders with the vast national park. The garden itself offers a secret, Alice in wonderland like, passage into the bush, on a path that winds and bends straight to the magnificent Wentworth falls! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank 04hawklu
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at the Den Fenella Lodge and what a fantastic 2 nights it was. From the start Maria was amazing. Our weekend away started with no trains and rain, but Maria was a star and picked us up from the village and looked after us so well. The house is perfect, warm and cozy in a very quiet location on the doorstep to the Wentworth Falls.
I travel a lot with my job and for leisure and I have never felt so valued as a guest anywhere in the world as I did as guests of Maria and Bill. Nothing seems too much trouble.
If you have a car then Den Fenella is the lodge for you, otherwise I would recommend their other lodge in Leura, which would be nearer to public transport. Will definitely be back with some friends for a long weekend. Thanks Maria and Bill for a truly memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Stay at DenFenella if you have a car, choose Cottage on the Mall if you are on the train.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed for two nights in the treetop apartment on short notice. It was so peaceful! The gardens were beautiful and the hosts were very helpful, offering to loan us rain coats and umbrellas since it was raining while we were there. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone heading to the blue mountains.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laura n
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We rented that 1930's cottage for 5 nights with our daughter.
as it was our first visit to Australia from Shanghai I was a bit worried our reservation would not work out but Maria was very helpful and made me feel safe.
The cottage is very quiet, comfortable, and very low key. It is very close from the hiking trails, and again was always ready to explain us the good places to visit, make dinner reservations on our late arrival, she was just very welcoming and nice.
Bill even gave my daughter an adapter so she could connect her computer to the Australian plugs easily.
Reservations via internet were very easy to do and check out also a breeze.
This area of the Blue Mountains is interesting, quiet but not isolated; we felt safe and cosy.
I do recommend the place without hesitation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Unfortunately we had a tight schedule and could only stay one night in this lovely cottage. Being Dutch we had to get used to the darkness in the evening. Beds were not great but more than okay. Got scared by the (fake) snakes that the parrots threw on the roof of our cottage.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bas v
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am having one of the best weeks of my life at Whispering Pines, up in the the treetop apartment. In my initial email, I made it known that I needed to work uninterrupted (I am a writer) and Bill and Maria bent over backwards to ensure peace, quiet, and no distractions. The setting is glorious, the apartment big and spacious, with lots of character and two gorgeous sitting rooms that catch the sun and the breeze. The kitchenette is everything you need, and the breakfasts in the morning are fabulous. The grounds are glorious to ramble in, and there are mountain walking tracks right at the entrance to the property (just 10 mins and you're standing at beautiful Wentworth Falls). I must say that the person below who has rated this place one star without even staying here has been most unfair and spiteful. I saw with my own eyes how people just wander in, even though it's private property, and treat the place as though it's a public picnic spot. Don't believe the bad reviewers; it's rare to find a place so picturesque, with this much character, and with such caring, invested owners. I'd give this six stars if I could. I hope with all my heart I can come back one day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 8 in Wentworth Falls
Silvermere Bed and Breakfast
Silvermere Bed and Breakfast
#3 of 8 in Wentworth Falls

Been to Whispering Pines Chalet? Share your experiences!