My partner booked this as a romantic getaway for us. Unfortunately it turned into a stressful weekend.
We were charged twice for the booking and still haven't been refunded the money. When booking it said that it included breakfast. During checkin we asked about breakfast, only to be informed that it was not included even after presenting our booking saying it was included. They tried to charge an extra $20 per person for it as well. Any early checkin before 2pm are an additional cost.
The card to the door continually malfunctioned, requiring us to visit reception to have if programmed again.
No directions were given on how to get to the room so we wondered around through the labyrinth layout trying to locate our room.
The room itself was tiny. The door opened just enough to get it. It hit the bed so we both had to squeeze in with our luggage and try closing the door behind us.
The wifi password provided failed to work as well.
On a positive note, the grounds are gorgeous. They are immaculate and very relaxing to walk around. The location is also easy to get to.
However overall, for $170 a night for a tiny room, it's not somewhere I will stay again. There are far nicer places around for the same cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley is the only 4.5 Star hotel located in the Hawkesbury and Nepean regions. With 105 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, it is the ideal choice for conferences, weddings, romantic weekends away or time out with the children. Our child friendly accommodation near Sydney is perfect for a family weekend, holiday or just to get away from the busy city. This Hawkesbury accommodation is located in the historic town of Windsor in the foothills of the Blue Mountains, if you are thinking about looking for weekend getaways near Sydney, our resort is just an easy 45 minutes' drive from the Sydney CBD and 60 minutes from Sydney International Airport. Planning a romantic getaway near Sydney? You must try our resort. The hotel is set within 8 hectares of manicured, landscaped gardens, and includes an indoor heated pool, 2 floodlit tennis courts, an on-site 9-hole golf course and adjacent 18-hole championship course, fully equipped gym and kid's playground, plus the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia. It is the perfect setting for romantic getaways in Sydney and the surrounding area. The resort has 8 formal and 5 informal meeting rooms (most with natural light), offering conference organisers and delegates the ideal venue for company training, product launches or incentives. With beautifully manicured rose gardens, lakeside settings and a private chapel, it has all the perfect ingredients for a heavenly wedding in the Windsor and Hawkesbury area or any plans for romantic weekend getaways in NSW. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Hotel Hawkesbury Valley
- The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley Windsor, Australia