Stayed in a spa courtyard room. Really couldnt fault the room except that it was really hot for some reason. I dont like to sleep with aircon on ( very unusual that we would have even needed this in winter) so we opened the 1 window and kept it open all night. This still didnt help. There was no top sheet on the bed ( yes very weird really) so about 2 hours afte we turned in i had to take the quilt out of the cover and use the cover as a sheet, this was much cooler. Doors banged all night (i noticed someone else had this issue as well ). I dont know why, there did seem to be staff quarters or something under us so this might be why. The checkin is the worst I have ever experienced. Room was not ready at 2pm, told to come back in 30 mins. When we came back 30 minutes later then were at least 30 people lining up to check in, all looking quite annoyed i must say. I am sorry but this is just unacceptable. Who has to line up to check in??? 2 staff on but they obviously need more when it is a sat night. I was not happy at all. When i got the key i was given no directins to room, no details about where to eat breakfast, no details about wifi, no pleasantires at all. Then we were given the room right next to reception, i did book only 2 night before we arrived so i must have gotten the last room. Bit annoyed considering i booked directly with the Hotel, not a cheaper website. Oh well the room was still nice. Very good gym and pool area. Nice breakfast. Just a warning that this ia a wedding venue that is obviously very popular. I would suggest they get all the attention ather the. Just regular guests. Because we had to have the window open all night we got to hear drunk wedding guests leaving in their cars at all hours, i guess this is not the hotels fault, but maybe they should have oarking for guests near the actual hotel and wedding guest parking down the back so when they leave they dont disturbe eveyone else. Overall very nice hotel but leaves a bitter aftertaste!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley is the only 4.5 Star hotel located in the Hawkesbury and Nepean regions. With 105 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, it is the ideal choice for conferences, weddings, romantic weekends away or time out with the children. Our child friendly accommodation near Sydney is perfect for a family weekend, holiday or just to get away from the busy city. This Hawkesbury accommodation is located in the historic town of Windsor in the foothills of the Blue Mountains, if you are thinking about looking for weekend getaways near Sydney, our resort is just an easy 45 minutes' drive from the Sydney CBD and 60 minutes from Sydney International Airport. Planning a romantic getaway near Sydney? You must try our resort. The hotel is set within 8 hectares of manicured, landscaped gardens, and includes an indoor heated pool, 2 floodlit tennis courts, an on-site 9-hole golf course and adjacent 18-hole championship course, fully equipped gym and kid's playground, plus the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia. It is the perfect setting for romantic getaways in Sydney and the surrounding area. The resort has 8 formal and 5 informal meeting rooms (most with natural light), offering conference organisers and delegates the ideal venue for company training, product launches or incentives. With beautifully manicured rose gardens, lakeside settings and a private chapel, it has all the perfect ingredients for a heavenly wedding in the Windsor and Hawkesbury area or any plans for romantic weekend getaways in NSW. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Hotel Hawkesbury Valley
- Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley Windsor, Australia