“run down, rip off, RUDE staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Windsor Motel

Windsor Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Windsor
Maitland, Australia
“run down, rip off, RUDE staff”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After the problems we had with initially booking the room I should have heard the alarm bells. We booked an apartment room for 2 adults and 2 kids through wotif.com one evening, them had a phone call from the motel at 10.30pm that night, telling us they didn't have that room available, wotif had made a mistake. They said they could give us a room at the windsor terrace across the road (which they also own), it has a double bed, single and they would give us a mattress, I said ok as there was no where else in town I could find to stay. A week before we were due to check in I thought I would email to confirm out booking and got an email back saying no they didn't have a booking in our name and they were fully booked for both hotels. So I emailed them the motif confirmation and about 20 minutes later they emailed and said they did have a room. hmmmm
So we arrived to check in on the saturday afternoon (check in for both motels is at the windsor terrace) and the lady tells me they do have the room we booked first across the road, and gave me brief instructions on where the room was. I parked and after walking around for 10 minutes trying to figure out which room it was (they key said 123) the room turned out to be 23 which looked to be where owners would have lived above the reception office. We walked up the stairs, which had a sign saying private, I tried a door with my key (no number on that door), and opened up to find a run down shoe box of a kitchen, dining area, and room with a double bed and single bed (not sure where my 2nd child was supposed to sleep). yes it was clean, but it was so old, and run down I could not believe we had been charged $180 !!! My 4 year old son started to cry and said he wanted to go. I rang my husband who was down the road watching boat races with my other son, told him he needed to come have a look and I wasn't staying here! My husband went to recpetion (after checking out the room himself) to talk to the lady, I sat in the car with the kids, I could hear the womans voice from the car park so assumed it wasnt going well. My husband came out and was very upset, no refund for us, the lady was exteemely rude and wouldn't let my husband get a word in, something tells me she is used to having these kind of arguments!. So we chose to drive 3 hours home with 2 tired children rather than stay there. I was disgusted !!!

Room Tip: don't go there ! stay out of town
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SarahLouThomo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our room was a very average room no heating everthing needs to be up dated but it was clean.The bed and pillows were shocking like sleeping on a slab of steel and the pillows felt like rocks, I still have a bad back from my stay.
Lyn. Tamworth

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lyn S

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

OK .. I booked the accommodation for the 27th of Jan, As you know, QLD and north NSW have just been hammered by some pretty severe weather. I rang 24 hours before the booking to postpone the trip as we were unable to travel due to the weather. Im a realistic person, they are running a business after all so i didn't expect them to refund the booking, however I would expect them to postpone it to the following weekend due to the weather.

As i said to the woman on the phone, it not like we changed our minds for, its a case of being flooded in due to cyclonic weather conditions. The best they will offer is a $30 discount on the breakfast for the following weekend (after charging us $120 allready). No thanks, I'd rather take the [--]!! tent if i cant find somewhere else! you do not deserve to be in the service/hospitality industry.

The guys at the rally course on the overhand are spot on perfect, re-booked and bent over backwards to help me make what was a crappy 40th for my wife this weekend gone, to a great experience she will remember forever - thanks guys

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alex528956
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This place was fantastic. The location was amazing close to the shops, food and transport.

Exactly what we were looking for. We left after staying there for a day and we went to visit a few friends who were around 100kms away on our trip back to Windsor to complete our trip we tried to get a reservation in the same motel but sadly it was booked out.... :(

But to our surprise they offered us a room in Windsor Terrace motel and yet again that was an awesome stay too..

Friendly customer service. Clean rooms. Will definetly recommend and stay again...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sharon M
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Great Staff, Great facilities. Great Service, Great Food. Keep going You guys rock.

We will be back soon with alot of other friend and will definelty tell all of our people to stay here when they visit. Once again Thank the entire team for the great service provided.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rocky R
Canberra
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was the closest place with rooms we could find to Colo (where we had a Rally Car Drive Day booked). As we would arrive late and leave early, we booked this as it was the cheapest place in town and all we needed to do was sleep there.

The place was just as we expected for a budget motel. Lucky for us (judging by the reviews), our room was clean and did not smell. The mattress and pillows were hard but not lumpy. The sheets and towels were clean.

The hot water was not very hot - even when we showered VERY early in the mroning before most people would have been awake - perhaps a ploy to save money and reduce shower times as it was way too cold to shower more than a few minutes.

We stayed in the brown brick section on the upper floor (this motel is two separate building with an adjoining carpark). The yellow section of the motel appears to be undergoing some renovations - so the room quality may improve in future.

The hotel is a bit overpriced, but as there is only 3 options in the town, there was little choice. I would stay here again though if I just needed a place to sleep for ONE night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mhanda T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We booked into the windsor motel (ran by same people as Windsor Terrace motel across the road!!) When we arrived and went into the family room (charged at $180 way overpriced!) , The room was totally disgusting!. The roof was mouldy, walls were filthy, air conditioner unit so clogged it would be a fire hazard! Running down the walls was something gross leaking from the air con!
Even when we immediately went down and complained and asked for a refund they refused to help. We had to return in the morning to speak with a manager only to be refunded only two of the three nighgs we booked in. Do not stay here, and do not stay in the windsor terrace motel either!! Go down the road to Alexander the great motel (fantastic service and great clean room and it is way cheaper!!!!!!
I wouldn't even let my worst enemy stay in a filthy place like this!!!

Room Tip: Go down the road to Alexander the Great where we went instead. Fantastic service and clean motel!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Nic P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
#2 of 3 in Windsor
Ingenia Holidays Avina
Ingenia Holidays Avina
#1 of 1 in Vineyard

Been to Windsor Motel? Share your experiences!