“Don't do it to yourself”
Review of Windsor Motel

Windsor Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed last night 12th April, 2014 and we were very disappointed. There was no hot water for a shower at 10pm and the shower was cool the next morning as well.The blanket on the bed was ripped, both of the towels that were provided were ripped, one with a hole approximately 10 x 2 cm. I spoke with the reception the next morning and he stated that maybe the water had been turned off, I questioned him about the linen and stated that I felt the need to donate him towels. We had booked 5 rooms in total and many of the towels were ripped. We have stayed in many budget style motels and not encoutnered such rundown accomodation previously- never again...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie C

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a fantastic stay at this property. Not only is the location completely ideal for those who visiting Blue mountains area. Staff was nice and helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet. Good restaurant choices were within a 3 minutes walk from the motel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After reading all the reviews. I wouldnt stay at this place , and if anyone does your silly after all the negative comments. And its seems after all the complaints NOT MUCH has changed at this place. I live in the area and have been to all hotels in richmond and windsor. I must say THE BEST is SEBEL ! BY FAR I LOVE IT !

There is a small hotel near the Colonial Hotel i forget the name but that is a rather nice place also for about $100 a night , Then The Colonial in Richmond is ok . DO NOT GOTO ANY HOTEL TOP Of WINDSOR.

Room Tip: goto another hotel until these wankaz owners pull their finger out their azzes
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brookzeee
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked the 2 bedroom apartment for 3 adults through booking.com and paid the $250.00 for the night straight away. When I arrived at reception 3 weeks later they lost the booking, but found it after I told her I had a copy of the paper work, She then told us to go across the road to our room.
What a shocker, No little bottles of shower stuff, tv was like watching a snow storm, the shower just worked, but the kicker was, There was hair in my bed! They didn't change the sheets, I also think they put sawdust mixed with sand in the pillows, they're rock hard. It was like my stay in mexico. (that didn't cost $250.00 a night) Shut it down and start again.

Room Tip: Keep Away until they fix it up
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am not telling anyone anything new with this one and I recommend that everyone steer clear of this place. Do not believe any of the photographs on their website http://www.windsormotorinn.com/rooms.html

I had almost the same experience as SarahLouThomo.
I found the Windsor Motel on lastminute.com.au, but thought I would go to the motels website to make the booking. During the booking process I thought I would give the motel a call to confirm that they could accommodate 2 adults and 3 children. The receptionist started off friendly and very helpful, but when she wanted to charge me $200 for one night instead of the advertised $180 I questioned her saying that there was no mention weekend surcharge on the website. She finally agreed to give me the room for $180.
We arrived late on Friday 4th Oct. 2013 to find that we had to go to the motel over the road to check-in, as they own this one as well. In a similar manner as SarahLouThomo, I was given directions to find the room. I proceeded up-stairs above the old reception office to find the smelly, dirty run down caretakers quarters. I say it was dirty because of the dead flies on the window sill, the dirty glasses with greasy marks and lipstick in the cupboards, the boarded up hole in the bedroom wall, paint blistered and peeling on the ceilings, mold on the shower curtain, mold and blistered paint on the bathroom window sill, green snot on the tiles and used soap on the floor in the shower, rusty and noisy fridge, bed covers very old, pillow hard and like a sandbag. To cut a very long story short, my 10 year old daughter started crying saying she didn't want to stay there because it was scary.

I went straight back across the road and asked for a refund, making reference to all of these problems. I was rudely told that the room had been cleaned that morning and that a refund could not be provided. I decided to have a quick sleep and then drive home to Canberra at around midnight.

This is not over, as the department of fair trading will be hearing about this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Darryl L
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After the problems we had with initially booking the room I should have heard the alarm bells. We booked an apartment room for 2 adults and 2 kids through wotif.com one evening, them had a phone call from the motel at 10.30pm that night, telling us they didn't have that room available, wotif had made a mistake. They said they could give us a room at the windsor terrace across the road (which they also own), it has a double bed, single and they would give us a mattress, I said ok as there was no where else in town I could find to stay. A week before we were due to check in I thought I would email to confirm out booking and got an email back saying no they didn't have a booking in our name and they were fully booked for both hotels. So I emailed them the motif confirmation and about 20 minutes later they emailed and said they did have a room. hmmmm
So we arrived to check in on the saturday afternoon (check in for both motels is at the windsor terrace) and the lady tells me they do have the room we booked first across the road, and gave me brief instructions on where the room was. I parked and after walking around for 10 minutes trying to figure out which room it was (they key said 123) the room turned out to be 23 which looked to be where owners would have lived above the reception office. We walked up the stairs, which had a sign saying private, I tried a door with my key (no number on that door), and opened up to find a run down shoe box of a kitchen, dining area, and room with a double bed and single bed (not sure where my 2nd child was supposed to sleep). yes it was clean, but it was so old, and run down I could not believe we had been charged $180 !!! My 4 year old son started to cry and said he wanted to go. I rang my husband who was down the road watching boat races with my other son, told him he needed to come have a look and I wasn't staying here! My husband went to recpetion (after checking out the room himself) to talk to the lady, I sat in the car with the kids, I could hear the womans voice from the car park so assumed it wasnt going well. My husband came out and was very upset, no refund for us, the lady was exteemely rude and wouldn't let my husband get a word in, something tells me she is used to having these kind of arguments!. So we chose to drive 3 hours home with 2 tired children rather than stay there. I was disgusted !!!

Room Tip: don't go there ! stay out of town
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SarahLouThomo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our room was a very average room no heating everthing needs to be up dated but it was clean.The bed and pillows were shocking like sleeping on a slab of steel and the pillows felt like rocks, I still have a bad back from my stay.
Lyn. Tamworth

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Hawkesbury Race Club Motel
Hawkesbury Race Club Motel
#1 of 1 in Clarendon
Alexander the Great Motel

Been to Windsor Motel? Share your experiences!