“No service”

Mecca Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 78 Restaurants in Burnie
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a 120 seat family restaurant with a huge menu that includes steak, pasta, pizza, chicken and seafood at very reasonable prices. Our full menu is also available for take-away. Bookings are recommended.
Reviewed 19 May 2018

It was 6.40 pm on a Saturday night and I was on my way home from a day of sport in Smithton, we had eaten at this restaurant before & had always received good food & service however on this occasion the only service we received was to be given a table. We waited 40 minutes before we walked out the door not one staff member came near us (even when we tried to get there attention) & asked if would like a drink. So thank you Mecca Restaurant for saving us approx $100 we went home for toast instead!! The restaurant appeared to be 2/3 full.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I’d read the reviews, both hot and cold. However thought I’d chance it as the menu suggested there was a bit of creativity in the kitchen.
I made the wrong decision.

Right from the start when the wait staff showed me to my seat and actually threw the menu onto the table, I started to have doubts, however I’m easy going, surely she won’t be cooking my food...

I ordered the pizza which read well and the photos on FB made it look appealing.

Gullible me; it’s a lot like the Checkout (ABC TV) segment where they compare the real thing to the picture on the packaging - nothing like it!

I don’t really know how to describe what a pizza floating in a tray of oil does to the appetite, but seriously, I have NEVER had a worse pizza. A pizza floater maybe! The menu said it contained pork mince, but of all the meats on the pizza, none were mince. All other types of pork, but no mince.
On a positive note it was generously endowed with jalapeños - to the point of overpowering all other pork flavours - just as well I like jalapeños.
A reasonable selection of beers and local wines appear to compliment the menu.
I’ll console myself that, because it was a quiet Monday night in town, perhaps the real chef was having a night off.
I’m not sure I’ll bother to test that theory...

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

2 families joined for a birthday celebration. Staff were very helpful and allowed us to set up decorations and party fare. The pizzas were fabulous. A little noisy when many people are dining due to the wooden floor, but it is all part of the atmosphere at this historic building in the middle of Burnie CBD.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

If your in Burnie this is right in the middle of town. Their food is good and service was fast. Staff very friendly.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lunch dining experience whilst in Tas on holidays, have previously attending this restaurant and always had a great feed.
Not sure if there are new owners or cook as this time meal was very average.
Bit disappointing as this was one of my favourite restaurants in Burnie.
I would try again next time in Tas to confirm.

Date of visit: February 2018