“Very comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Canberra, Australia
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Although the rooms might look dated, they are impeccably cleaned and very comfortable. The beds are great. The restaurant is the star, the best steak and seafood I think I could honestly say I have EVER had- you MUST eat there, the service is also fantastic. Can't fault this place, don't judge a book by its cover that's for sure- we had the best stay!!! :)

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We booked an "executive" room. On arrival we found we had been allocated an upstairs room and asked for an equivalent downstairs. This was easily done. The room was easily accessible and very clean. It was also small, dated and tired looking. There was no "easy" chair, just two hard chairs with the small table. The bathroom was in need of renovation, and there was no hair dryer. We paid much the same here as we had paid for much better accommodation throughout Tasmania. We ate in the restaurant, and it was quite acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Wonderful service, AMAZING FOOD and super comfortable rooms. Great place to stay. The local wines have to be tasted and enjoyed. Close to Burnie and the best of the North West coast.

The staff are welcoming and service outstanding!

Check out our meal

• Stayed November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I'm really finding it difficult to write this review, but I feel I need to say something. I'm not sure what rooms the other Trip Advisor travellers stayed in, but it obviously wasn't the room I had. The service was lovely, I couldn't fault that. I also could not comment on the restaurant, as we didn't eat there. I also cannot complain about how the room was cleaned. I think that the cleaners did all they could do with what they had.
My problem was the room itself. It was really old, and I mean old. The carpet had been vacuumed, but was filthy and had stains all over it. It stank. In fact when we opened the door, it smelt like a public toilet. The table and chairs were the most disgusting things (in colour and type), which was all there was to sit on besides the bed, and the bathroom was gross. I was kicking myself I hadn't brought my rubber thongs, because to stand in that shower was revolting. I couldn't get out quick enough. I ended up putting on socks to walk around in as the floor was so dirty. The bed was ok, and was clean and as comfortable as you could expect, but the pillows were as flat as pancakes.
During the night, I awoke as the smell coming from the carpet was so bad. Honestly, it smelt like a dirty wet dog was sitting beside the bed. I'm not exaggerating here. I'm actually wondering if the rain had gotten in and caused mould in the wall and carpet where I was lying. Anyway, I didn't get a good nights' sleep at all, I hated every moment and we left as early as possible to get out of there. I cannot believe the owners had the gall to charge as much as they did for that room. I will never go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fluffyboots
Towradgi, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

we stayed here 3 years ago on our honeymoon and were more than happy to stay here again.......... friendly helpful staff and while the restaurant wasn't open as it was Sunday we were recommended a local Chinese restaurant to go to that was great..... nice size room very comfy and we will stay again next time we come to Tassie

Room Tip: haven't found a bad one
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kalgoorlie
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stay regularly on business and find the management and staff welcoming and always accommodating. Its like being in a family when your away from the family.
Restaurant is excellent. The service friendly, food great and beer cold.
The rooms are very comfortable and large enough to work from as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Hobart
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I often need to travel to the North West Coast for business and recently stayed at the Murchison Lodge. It was quite a relief to find this little gem. Beautiful setting on the Cam and very close to the beach. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The food in the restaurant is superb along with a very warm atmosphere at the bar at the end of a long day on the road. Will most definitely be back!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
Ikon Hotel
Wellers Inn
Wellers Inn
#4 of 6 in Burnie
The Menai Motel & Function Centre

Been to Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn? Share your experiences!