“An 18th Birthday Party”

Ranked #30 of 76 Restaurants in Burnie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

9 of us just spent a huge mount of money to be served a banquet for 7 that would normally feed 4 for the same price. The guest of honour was unable to enjoy her first drink as an adult as she doesn't have a licence and apparently we (her parents, 2 sets of grandparents and her sister could have been making it up, I thought the 18th Birthday cake was a nice fake touch). Fair enough she didn't have id but seriously making me out to feel a liar not once but to call me over and have a second go at me was a bit much. Totally humiliated me and had the Birthday girl in tears. Nice touch!!! The food was average and beefed up with cheap vegetables. And if you aren't going to offer sweets or tea as part of the banquet because its too close to 9:00pm and you are too mean to pay your staff you better start offering a discount. We used to spend all our milestones in your establishment but never again. Thanks for ruining a really special day.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

From the time we walked in on the 29th november my son's birthday, we were impressed. Czigane ans Ayla greeted us and made us feel special also they knew the menu and gave some wonderful suggestions .The food was amazing having traveled to asia 2 years in a row I found the food really authentic. And the service to be top notch, the 2 girls mentioned above are a real asset to Mandarin Palace and We give them a rating of EXCELLENCE we will be going back.

3  Thank dee j
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We were surprised by this restaurant! The food is well cooked and authentic Chinese. We were impressed when we ordered scallops with ginger and amazed by the serve of scallops. In any restaurants you would have to look hard to count the scallops but they really are serving scallops at this restaurant!! The Chillie Beef (not in the menu) was exceptional and so was the Chicken with pepper sauce. The 4 of us just wolved down the meal so fast that we shocked ourselves. The seafood towfo was very good! We had a bottle of merlot to go with the food and it was not overpriced. The service was friendly and very quick. We were happy with the level of service as well as the standard of cooking at this restaurant!!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is "Chinese" food for Western diets. Their sweet and sour pork reminds me of 1970s Women's Weekly Cookbooks, and of course, adding a serve of fried rice is a must. Leigh usually orders beef in black bean sauce (how typical is that?). For a laid back weekend takeaway, the Mandarin Palace delivers the goods. It's quite wonderful that the Mandarin has been established for such a long time and is therefore, iconic to Burnie. It adds to our sense of local history and I hope that it continues to thrive

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and i came here and ordered one of the banquets for dinner. The food was excellent, the staff were extremely friendly and they made us feel comfortable and welcome. The vibe in the restaurant created an authentic Chinese feeling as well as having Chinese crockery. Would highly recommend for everyone

1  Thank MHammer99