“Best meal!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2013

What a wonderful find in Campbell Town! The meals were fabulous and I would have to say - one of the best we enjoyed in the month we spent in Tasmania! I had the Venison - wow - cooked to perfection- served with parsnip puree, maple roasted pumpkin ( amazing!) and chocolate and red wine jus - presentation 10 out of 10. My husband chose the fish and chips and said it was also cooked to perfection with a very tasty dressing on the salad.I then indulged in the earl gray creme brulee and I would have to say - it was AMAZING! There is only one other place that does an excellent brulee and that is up in Noosa. Well done! Prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. My only criticism was that staff were not very attentive - we were not asked if we would like another drink and our empty plates were left sitting in front of us for far too long - despite one waitress walking around looking for something to do. Overall - what a gem in Campbell Town!

There are newer reviews for Zeps Cafe

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I dropped into Zeps at around 9am to grab a quick takeaway coffee! I was the only one there and during the entire transaction not a single syllable was uttered from the lady behind the counter! Maybe she was mute I don't know, but in my experience even people without the gift of voice are able to effectively communicate with the use of a smile or hand/finger gestures! I left the cafe feeling that I had just made a real nuisance of myself by ordering a coffee! I'm sorry if this was the case, but I can promise I will not be returning to make the same mistake!

1  Thank Pindog
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stopped here before for coffee and I am always pleased to say great coffee and friendly, fast service.
Great menu selection for breakfast lunch or take away.
Today it's freeing cold and they had a cosy woodfire going, love it.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have often dropped into this roadside cafe and never been disappointed. This time I had the Fetticine Carbonara and it was excellent. The staff are friendly place very busy (you should not be surprised). There is a wide range of food including sandwiches for those short on time (number 6 is my favourite) that includes Brie and Turkey. The coffee is also good. There are conference rooms in the back that I have used that are very good for the business customer.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I used to like ZEPS - about 10 years ago it was the first of the new generation cafes in Campbelltown - good coffee, good cakes & if you had time .. and if it was the right time of day - you could get a decent light meal - I was a regular ... making ZEPS my favorite pit-stop on the Midland HighWay

But last week when heading south - I pulled in about 3pm - the cafe part of the place was near empty - all i could see were around six empty tables - ALL covered with dirty dishes. What a sight and what a message to send to your customers! About half of ZEPS customers would be inter-state visitors. Welcome To Tassie - we are too slack to care about clearing tables

3  Thank pommesfrite