“Gee I love this place!!!”
Review of Ivy on Glenelg

Ivy on Glenelg
Cranbourne, Australia
“Gee I love this place!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at Ivy on Glenelg again for the 2nd time this year. This time I came with my mum and sister. They also enjoyed their stay and commented on the ambiance of the place and the lovely hosts, David and Irene.
Next time Irene it will be dinner at Zeps, I promise!
Do yourself a favour, you need to experience this warm, friendly and homely B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

On a short visit to Tasmania over the ANZAC Day weekend, we three adults booked this accommodation based on Tripadvisor's notes. I also telephoned beforehand to enquire about the number of steps, as one of us has limited mobility (only two very shallow steps, easily sorted). David chatted for half an hour, discussing travel and giving helpful suggestions about our stay, where to dine and other features in the area. He arranged for a booking for dinner at Zeps (very good) and provided a range of wines we could take as BYO. We arrived in the afternoon, in time to meet David and on his recommendation, two of us visited the nearby Lake Leather store, which had a very high quality range of men's and women's items. My mother purchased shoes and a handbag for travel overseas. Because we were staying at the Ivy, Irene gave us a discount but also talked through the benefits of different shoes and bags and what was suitable. The display of gloves, wallets, hats and accessories was very stylish and Irene's recommendations were terrific. We had a very enjoyable stay, eating a big breakfast before we left and were sorry only that we couldn't spend longer before returning to Sydney. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Lucky for us we couldn't find any accommodation on the east coast but there was a cancellation at Ivy on Glenelg for the night we needed. What a gem of a place - everything we could have wanted. Local produce was provided for breakfast, muffins were left for us and local wines were available for purchase. Every appliance you could want was available as well as books on the local area and its history. A beautiful historical cottage in a wonderfully historic town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were lucky enough to stay at Ivy on Glenelg in October with friends. We stayed in the Turnbull Suite and it was simply divine. The attention to detail was amazing. Everything had been thought of. We felt like royalty! We had the best nights sleep in along time and will certainly be going back and recommending it to all of our friends. David and Irene were two of the most loveliest, genuine, caring people you could meet. True perfection!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hobart
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have stayed here regularly now for some years, this is coming up as my seventh year. I discovered it first as it was convenient to a work commitment I had but since then I have stayed not just on business trips but also for personal relaxation, it is my favourite TAS B & B.
I stay in Dry Cottage and it is truly a delight. Everything one requires is immaculately clean and available even to DVDs Irene think I might enjoy following previous conversations about shows viewed!
The provision of breakfast and the little extras are always plentiful, beautifully presented and extremely tasty. The eggs home produced, the jam home made, the nibbles and extras most likely also. David & Irene always greet me with warmth and go out of their way to ensure that I am comfortable and well looked after. They are delightful hosts who genuinely care and want their guests to enjoy their stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My friends and I have visited Tasmania at least 6 times. In the beginning we would pretty much "wing It" re accomodation. Now its Ivy on Glenelg as our home in Tassie,
Each time Irene and David have done something different to make the stay just that extra bit special. Bedding, appliances, furniture.. all in keeping within a beautiful heritage setting and maintaining an air of luxury and simplicity at the same time. Fantastic ambience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Cranbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This would have to be the fifth time that my friends and I have stayed here. mainly staying in the Doctors Wing. Like a good wine, it just keeps getting better and better. On each stay I have found that Irene and David have made subtle improvements so that their guests feel so welcome and feel right at home. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Campbell Town or surrounding areas as I have truly found my home away from home!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Colonial Cottages of Ross
Somercotes
Somercotes
#3 of 3 in Ross

Been to Ivy on Glenelg? Share your experiences!