My Wife and I rarely get time off together, so we wanted something a bit different, I spent hours searching the web for a place a bit out of the way and a little different. We found in Cradle Mountain Lodge. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, from the Gentleman who greeted us at Reception until the moment we left, it was fantastic, we booked a Traditional Spa Suite with a Wood Fireplace, We sat in front of the Fire and watched the Possums out on the little Patio, Dinner at the Tavern was very Nice (Cradle Mountain Burger) but it was just great to get away to somewhere with No Internet, TV or Mobile Reception. just peace and quiet to forget about the world for a while. The Buffet Breakfast the next morning while watching the Snow fall really convinced us to return. This is probably not the best place to take Kids, as there really isn't much for them to do (The only TV is in the Tavern) but if you want a quiet & romantic time away, I really can't think of anywhere better to go.
The only minor negative (very minor) was the Fireplace in our Room really was a bit old and sad and I think the flue needed a good clean, so if your not comfortable with a Wood Fireplace I would suggest getting a cabin with a Gas Fireplace, as you may have to split some firewood, the firewood left in the Cabin was far to big for the small Fireplace. (A Cutting block and a log splitter are just outside the front door to your Cabin) once I split the supplied Firewood into some smaller pieces we were toasty and warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania