The Lodge itself is absolutely superb, the layout, location and overall design is fantastic. I visited with my partner in the middle of July, and it had been snowing in the recent past which I think added more to the experience. Seeing snow and ice laden throughout the lodge made it even more beautiful... so if you are one that can brave the cold (it was -2degrees at night, but 5-6 degrees during the day) then you must visit in the winter...!
The Tavern Bistro where we ate had a great feel to it, meals were reasonably priced, similar to what you would pay at a decent quality pub for a pub meal. The meals themselves were of good size, and tasted fine, no complaints!
The guest lounge was very warm and inviting, the sofa's and recliners very comfortable.
The lodge is superbly located for those who will visit the area on foot, a number of shorter and longer walks leave directly from the lodge, and the famed Dove Lake Circuit is a five minute drive away into the national park.
We stayed in a Contemporary Spa Cabin, generously sized, with a gas log fire which warmed the room well. The spa bath itself let the rest of the room down though in my opinion. I assume that most couples whom book a spa cabin, would intend to share a spa with their partner, this was not possible as the spa was too small for us (I am approx 190cm, 95kgs and my partner 170cm, 60kgs) so normal sized people could not share, plus the tap for the spa was poorly placed, right in the middle of one end, sticking out into the bath which made sitting up that end comfortably, impossible!
If this issue can be rectified then the room was superb, better than most I have stayed in.
The staff were amazing, particularly our Nightime Wildlife Spotlight tourguide, Ben, very knowledgeable and great conversation was had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification logo means that you are guaranteed an experience that helps to care for the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania