Great accommodation to use for your base to explore the Cradle Mountain region. The main public area (the lodge you see in all the photos) has everything you need for a few days up in the mountains - a pub style restaurant, a more upmarket (but not fine dining) style restaurant, a bar, boardgames and open fireplaces. There is also a FABULOUS spa called the Waldheim Alpine Spa. I highly recommend taking some time to experience the sanctuary - a steam room, sauna, dipping pool and spa overlooking the river and mountains.
The rooms are definitely 4 star, but they are great. I have stayed at Cradle Mountain Lodge twice now, and both times stayed in a Pencil Pine Cabin. Both rooms we stayed in had a gas log fire for a heater which is such a lovely touch. Very nice to come back to after a long cold day hiking around the area! The queen size beds are very comfortable and the room itself is quite spacious. The bathrooms are a little tired and could do with a bit of modernising to bring them up to date.
The grounds of the property are huge and wonderful to explore. There are lots of walks to discover, ranging from easy and short to longer and more difficult. If you don't feel like heading into Cradle Mountain every day the walks around the lodge are equally beautiful and interesting. So much wildlife to encounter - wallabies and wombats everywhere.
I would recommend Cradle Mountain Lodge to anyone who wants a cosy, warm and convenient base from which to explore the magnificent Cradle Mountain region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is a unique wilderness experience, set right on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, just 2 hours drive from Launceston and 1.25 Hours from Devonport. At Cradle Mountain, you'll soon discover that fine food and wine are an unavoidable part of this rustic holiday. This superb escape showcases the best Tasmania has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational locally produced food and wine, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds. The Lodge itself is warm and inviting with open fires, comfy chairs and cosy spots, perfect for enjoying the postcard views or just relaxing. Around Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge there are more than 20 walking trails that suit every fitness level. Imagine wandering through towering forests with trees older than mankind. Discover animal and plant varieties found nowhere else on earth. You can trek mountains, explore trails on horseback or mountain bike, and learn to fly-fish - just some of the many activities on offer. And when it's time to relax, guests can indulge in a therapeutic massage or sauna at the Waldheim Alpine Spa - the perfect place to soak away tension and time. Set discreetly within its pristine wilderness setting, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge has 86 private timber cabins, offering 4 grades of accommodation. Each provides every comfort you could need, some with spa baths. ** Ecotourism Australia Certification - Want to help the environment while your on holidays? The ECO Certification logo means that you are guaranteed to experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction or accommodation that looks after the environment. The ECO certification program assures you that certified products are backed by a commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences. Note: Any incidentals will be charged on check-out and a 2.0% Credit card surcharge would be applied to these incidentals ** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Resort
- Cradle Mountain Lodge
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania