Prior to our travel, I browzed through the dozen reviews posted on TripAdvisor for accommodations in the vicinity of Cradle Mountain. I must admit that Cradle Mt Wilderness Village had the most positive feedback posted by fellow travellers before me. Although I was quite sceptical about the reviews but decided to book a studio cottage for our 2 nights stay in Cradle Mt. We were certainly not disappointed with our find. The hotel was easy to locate and it was quite near to the Visitor Centre (2 mins drive away). The cottage had a very comfortable queen size bed as well as a double decker in another room. Bathroom was clean and warm with good heating facilities within the entire cottage. The kitchen was well equipped although no food items were provided, except coffee, tea, sugar, salt & pepper, but we came prepared with our own groceries purchased from Launceston prior to our travel to Cradle Mt. as we had been fore-warned of the limited eateries and its pricey menu...
Although there was a balcony, we did not make use of it as the view on the outside was not too easy on the eyes.., our cottage supposedly faces a pond (hidden from view by bushes - thank goodness for that) and a play area with a BBQ corner.
We did have a visitor in the early morning and evening - a wallaby came by to greet us.
The lounge at the Reception was very cozy and welcoming - we had our sandwiches and rest there after returning from our walk and complimentary coffee/tea were available to guest.
During our stay, the weather was perfect - hot and windy, making the 2-hr walk round Dove Lake a breeze...but, as the Receptionist mentioned the weather is very changeable and the day prior to our arrival, it was raining - so be prepared with raincoats.
Overall, it was money well spent - expensive but worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 2.30Pm. Continental breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania