Our single night stay at the Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village was great. We had chosen a spa cabin and when we arrived on a wet and cold afternoon we found the room heated and cosy. The cabins are set individually in bushland setting and are heated by two heaters, a gas fire in the living area and a bar type heater in the bedroom. The comfortable beds are also fitted with electric blankets however the heaters are so efficient we didn't need them.
A central, circular double spa bath separates the living and sleeping areas and it was a perfect place to warm up after a trip out to Dove Lake.
The cabins have basic cooking facilities and a huge breakfast basket was also provided - bacon, eggs, tomato, toast, spreads, cereal and juice.
Seeing some of the local wildlife at such close quarters was fantastic, we had birds sitting quite comfortably on the verandah, and the pademelons are so friendly that they will approach you, perhaps looking for something to eat although it is recommended that you don't feed them.
The hosts were friendly and helpful, and also provided us with a few recommendations for places of interest for our onward journey. All in all, a pleasant and comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 2.30Pm. Continental breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania