We mistakenly booked the Chateau when we thought we had booked another venue. We thought we would look around to see if it would be ok, but for one of our party it reminded them of their everyday corporate travel. We asked if we could cancel, aware that they were entitled to charge us full rates. we were happy to pay a small fee, but they stubbornly demanded the full fee.
So we paid it, and went to the other venue who gaves us complementary champagne after we told our story to them. Our costly change was worth it, we LOVED the other venue.
While the Chateau got their nights accommodation money from us, we won't ever go back now, and we are telling everyone about the other venue and advising them not to go to the Chateau.
Costly mistake, for who?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania