“My favourite oasis in Tasmania!”
Review of Laneway

Laneway
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Devonport
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open from 6:30am 7 days a week including public holidays. Our aim is to focus on turning great quality locally produced goods into simple fresh cafe-faire food. Together with a professional standard of coffee and a warm and welcoming service we hope you enjoy what we have to offer.Owners Rhys Taylor and Alex McVeity have both been involved in the hospitality industry in various guises for over ten years now. Rhys a chef has more recently been working as the owner/operator of a quality Italian establishment in Hawthorn, Melbourne. Alex has for the last 5 years been working as head barista and bar manager of the renown Pantry Cafe in Brighton Melbourne.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

You walk in and feel like you are at home, always greeted with a smile, coffee is amazing and the food is always spot on. A hip urban oasis in Devonport :) My favourite place to chill out

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I read about the Laneway on tripadvisor and we stopped there for coffee a few days ago. What a fantastic place. Great ambience, great coffee and local produce. We will definitely return for a meal.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This out of the way cafe/restaurant is fantastic their coffee is the best in Devonport and their meals are all made with local produce. We had the Calamari which was excellent.Staff are good and the Barista is great.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place finally brings a bit of hipster style to Devonport! Excellent atmosphere, food and service. I'll call in every time I'm home for a visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Went for breakfast and a little disappointed that the breakfast menu was so egg dominated. Although my eggs benedict with ham was well cooked and tasty, and my partner's poached eggs cooked soft to order, I would have liked some lighter choices with fruit, cereals or similar. Perhaps the chef could add a daily special with a healthier option. Freshly squeezed orange juice very good!

1  Thank Joan L