“Very nice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Devonport, Australia
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner with some work mates. Service was lovely (particularly the wonderful young lady with the tattoos!), and the food was delicious. I had the tbone steak, I was a little dubious of the Jack Daniel's sauce, but it was fantastic with a real smokey flavour! I would highly recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of the best in devonport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

entree and desserts a standout.
duck spring rolls magnificent. order steaks one category under what you want but that the same everywhere in devonport.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wezpa
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here with a large group last night. Poor service for drinks. Over 2 hour wait for food, with excuses galore. Appetizer of calamari is a joke it was tiny, greasy and nasty. My $38 eye fillet was tiny, overcooked and came with a greasy potato rosti underneath and some spinach. That price is a joke for something that small, and to be honest all the dishes I tasted were under seasoned and gross. I hate to write this about a local business I love to support our locals but they need to sort the prices, the timing and the value for money. For the record, regarding an earlier review which I first thought sounded ridiculous, our clothes smell like a dirty, greasy chip shop floor.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Susan H, Owner at 26Red Cafe Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Reviewer, After being made aware of your comments and much deliberation of replying with the wrong or right reply, i'v gone with the honest reply. Your comments were fair and just and have been taken on board and changes have been made.
The evening was all round unfair to all customers. After receiving the text message from the junior staff member, who knew we were fully booked was feeling dizzy. (this member of staff is no longer employed here) We went to extensive effort to find a replacement with no avail.
Never !!! taking in mind that perhaps we should have cancelled your booking at last minuet. With much determination we took the only way we knew and pushed forward but unfortunately between the two of us we were unable to maintain standard. All our entree and main dishes are made from scratch when ordered, there are no pre cooked or pre made dished this dose take longer to prepare, with this we do ensure everything is cooked fresh to order.
I do sincerely apologize for the evening you experienced unduly. i also have much gratitude to my chef who was also upset with the events. I whole heatedly apologize to all customers and my chef for the evening and the turn of events.

Kind Regards
Devonport Tasmannia
“Fatty smell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We recently visited 26 Red East Devonport Tasmania. The service and the food very good idea however I did have an issue with the smell of fat in the air when you walk in and the next day clinging to my clothes. It is not even a fatty type place the meals are better than average but the smell was very strong. Perhaps a problem to be addressed oh and because it is open plan the waitress was excellent but the chef looked very grumpy and unengaged as we left at the end of the night he made no effort to engage in conversation no look up, no smile. I have sent many people to 26 Red but I had not been myself for a month or so and the fatty smell I don’t remember from before. Locals of Devonport.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent Take Aways as well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We had a spur of the moment dinner here. We were walking our dog while waiting to board the Spirit & noticed their take away menu. My husband ordered the fish & chips and I had the Caesar (which had a gorgeous runny poached egg on top). They very kindly allowed us to eat our meals on their deck so we could enjoy a few ales while we ate & watch over our pet.
The meals were fantastic. Great value for money. Very friendly staff & prompt service.
I hope the people of Devonport support this business so we can enjoy another meal here next time we come back to Tas,

2 Thank Petekazf