We stayed 2 nights in one of the upstairs apartments that overlook Pirates Bay. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and sipping our wine and beer as we listened to the waves crashing onto the beach below us. This was of course until we went into our corner spa for a lovely warm bubble before going down to eat.
The apartment is basically set up with the lounge, dining and kitchen area all together which works well. There is a washing machine/drier in the kitchen as well which I though a little strange at first but worked quite well. There were 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with 2 singles. However, I believe you can get these with 2 sets of bunks or 2 doubles as well.
It takes awhile for the hot water to make it to the upstairs apartments but once you get used to this it is not too bad. There was a vacume but for the little quick tidy ups a broom would have been great. The other interesting thing was no tongs in the fully equipped kitchen. I forgot to mention this when I checked out so if the Staff are reading this perhaps give this some consideration if you think it would benefit your guests.
We ate at the restaurant and found this to be great. Food was delicious and the bottle of wine to accompany was only $14. The pool looked lovely but it was a little too cold for swimming yet. Just below the pool was a bbq area and small child's palyground.
We loved every minute of our stay and are hoping to encourage our friends to come away with us next time we stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lufra Hotel and Apartments, at Eaglehawk Neck on the gateway to thew Tasman Peninsula, is a quality character hotel that offers comfortable lodging and meals Our self contained modern 4 Star holiday apartments are your home away from home. We also have 3.5 Star waterview rooms in the original hotel building Budget accommodation for the price conscious traveler. The hotel overlooks spectacular 'Pirates Bay' where surfers are a common sight and whales are often seen on their annual migrations. We serve breakfast and cafe meals daily, dinner and specialty meals for all occasions fashioned from local and quality produce. The Lufra is the ideal place to stage your exploration of the Tasman Peninsula; heritage and convict past and the Port Arthur site breathtaking cliff top walks the world first Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park Tasman Island cruises as well as chocolates, whiskey, kayaking, tuna and game fishing Stay for a day or more to make the best out of your visit to this special part of Tasmania ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lufra Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Eaglehawk Neck
- Eaglehawk Neck Best Western
- Lufra Hotel And Apartments Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania