Saffire Freycinet
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfood and wineschouten islandoystersdegustation menuhobart airportsaffire loungefarm tourexecutive chefcooking demonstrationmoment you arrivetasmanian devilsspa treatmentswineglass baymemorable experiencemixology classsignature suitesouthern ocean lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had a fabulous, relaxing experience at Saffire. Really outstanding service, great food and wine selection, leisurely lunches, gourmet dinners with local produce, and we loved the varied experiences. The mixology, cooking, oyster experiences are all great fun. The local walks are a must do - esp Mt Amos in dry weather. It's a beautiful part of the world and Saffire allows you to experience some luxe while taking in such an amazing part of Australia. Stay 4 nights if you can to really take it all in.

The staff work really hard, service consistently excellent, and the manager Justin was on hand and interested in catching up with guests and sharing experiences of other hotels in the 'luxury lodges' group. Nothing is too much trouble - top marks! Best hotel we have stayed at in a long time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woolloomooloo2011
Reviewed 20 July 2014

As most of the other reviews reflect, this place is impossible to fault. We only had a quick weekend away but was enough to see what a wonderful place this is.

The staff are outstanding, very personal, friendly and just really nice people.

The food is of the standard at ARIA except more accommodating. Everything is included and you can pretty much order what ever you feel like.

The surroundings are beautiful. Plenty of things to do- but we just stayed in the pavilion and chilled out with the beautiful view as the backdrop.

Defiantly one of the top hotels in Oz and I would say one of the best in the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in signature suite which was very good. They all have the same view, I think they would all be good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steve l
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having just spent 2 amazing days an nights at this amazing boutique hotel, I can say if you do get the chance to stay here if only for a night ,you will never forget your experience. If you can afford 2 or more nights you will discover even more delights.
A fully inclusive hotel that includes all your meals,alcohol, things to do, had a great boat trip around Schouten island with many more items included. We had the middle sized suite and all I can say about it is simply spectacular, wow what a room with absolutely amazing views of the hazards. Yes I know this is a very expensive hotel,but worth every dollar.

The restaurant and the lounge what a spot to either enjoy a spectacular meal or a afternoon snack sitting in the luxurious lounges just enjoying the views. We were treated like royalty well that's how it felt to us.

Now I must comment on the staff and the service I can't give them 5 stars it is not enough,they deserve 10 stars. From our greeting as we got out of our car to the final farewell when we left the hotel and got back into our car, the staff were simply the best, whatever department they worked in from the gardeners thru housekeeping thru to all the service staff throughout the hotel, you are simply the best.

Great fully inclusive mini bar as well.

10 star boutique hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MICHAEL D
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Well Saffire can.

This was my second visit and if you rad the previous review you'll note I was pretty darn happy.

This time……

I don't know where to start. Room type doesn't matter, you are all equal and that equals perfection. Dietary requirements…. not an issue… share table… a special dish for you.

Experiences (no they are not tours) The guide suits your needs and thanks to Daisy my confidence to walk again grew so I ended up doing more challenging walks at Cradle Mountain than i may have before Saffire. Ashleigh's mixology is about to cost me a lot of $$ to stock the bar (but his awesome sense of humour is another gem…. he also assembles an wonderful pineapple and wagyu skewer ;)

Food….. Hugh oversees a knock your socks off kitchen and those oysters… Zane and Kelly's cooking lessons

the question is not will i return it is how soon can i get back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GurusW
Reviewed 8 July 2014

There are some events in your life that require a celebration. That you recognise the importance by doing something out of the ordinary. My wife and my visit to Saffire was such a celebration. When we parked at the entrance a staff member was already waiting for us. She knew our name, our car was whisked away with our luggage and we accompanied are hostess into the stunning main building for sparkling wine welcome. The building sat extremely well in the landscape allowing us magnificent views of Muirs Beach and the Hazards. After our welcome we accompanied our host to our villa.
Our luggage was already there. Our villa was spacious with extensive use of Tasmanian Timbers and hand crafted Tasmanian furnishings which whilst being things of beauty were blissfully comfortable and warm. From the seats to the lounges to the bed comfort and beautiful design went hand in hand.
It was lovely to just immerse yourselves in this " cocoon".
So much did we enjoy our room that we cancelled the organised wine tour and spent the afternoon sitting on the private deck enjoying the changing moods of the hazards and the extensive complimentary mini bar.
Not withstanding to buildings and the environment I think the biggest asset of Saffire are the staff. They are most professional across the board and have that innate ability to know when to engage in detailed conversation or just pass.
The meals were simply outstanding and where ever possible reflected local produce and wine in a world class way.
We didn't want to leave and nobody seemed in a rush to get you out so we sat in the main building and just chilled (as my son says)
When leaving our car was already at the front entrance with a little complimentary travelling pack. Which was a lovely touch.
I think without a doubt that it was the best hotel experience that I have ever had and we will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms look beautiful. Do not overload your program and take advantage of the room. Allow time to take in the changing moods of the Hazards and walk along Muirs beach. As well as discovering Saffire take time to rediscover yourself.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple