One of the highlights of our trip to Tassie, the Long Lunch Tour with Brad provided us with the following experiences:
- tasting the best oysters and mussels we have ever had (and we had already eaten our way across France and Belgium)
- having a picnic of outstanding local cold cuts, cheeses and relishes including delicious wallaby salami
- visits to three wineries which produce quality cold climate wines considering the tender age of their vineyards
- listening to countless stories and insights into the East Coast's history, agriculture and culinary traditions
- hanging out all day with a really nice guide who has a rock solid foundation in food and wine and was able to answer all of our questions
- meeting two very nice Aussie couples we would never have met otherwise and who shared our passion for food and wine
The price may seem high at first (we paid $130 per head), but considering all your getting plus the luxury of drinking throughout the day while being chauffeured around we felt we got a great deal. Tassie is ridiculously overpriced, we found this to be one of the best deals on the island. Only caveat: don't expect to see a functioning berry farm when visiting Kate's berries.
So give Brad a call and book your tour now!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.