Freycinet Lodge
Edge of the Bay Resort(Coles Bay)(Great Value!)
US$253
  • Restaurant
US$1,530
US$83
US$75
Agoda.com
Swansea Motor Inn(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$64
US$233
US$215
  • Pool
Beachfront Bicheno(Bicheno)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$105
Wintersun Gardens Motel(Bicheno)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Agoda.com
US$368
  • Pool
Man O' Ross Hotel(Ross)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Restaurant
US$80
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,204 results
All reviewsbay restaurantnational parkspa cabinwineglass bayseafood plattermain restaurantbuffet breakfasthoneymoon bayrichardson's beachwalking trailsbeautiful locationopen firewater viewreception arealarge bathroommusic playingcradle mountain
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I can't recall staying here before but it's possible we stayed just before the new buildings were made
Certainly did not stir any memories.
Stayed with my son for one night. Handily located inside the national park. Lodge was above average standard for a cabin, but not really changed much over the years I suspect. We booked through wotif about $300 fr the oyster bay family Cabin with KS or QS bed in one room and 2 singles in another - plenty of space for a family of 4 or even 5 if small kids. I overheard the walk in rate for single cabin same night was about $230-240 - both had breakfast included - buffet and hot.
Walked around the park a little, then came back and relaxed in the lounge in front of the fireplace and again after dinner. There is an entertainment room which we discovered after checking out with a pool table and some games, but enough to do outside
Probably will stay again as location great but have stayed elsewhere nearby and might explore other places, and if you have a car it is just as easy in the park as just outside.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
FreycinetLodge, General Manager at Freycinet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us here at Freycinet Lodge. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found your cabin to be spacious.

We'd be delighted to welcome you back if you ever decide to return to the beautiful East Coast.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it - even though it poured with rain. The hotel has a beautiful location, a very peaceful setting.
Our room was very spacious and reasonably well equipped. We were grateful for the electric blanket. We found our room was warm enough but the bathroom could do with a better form of heating - a heated towel rail and heat lamps in the ceiling were not sufficient in cold weather.
As other travellers have found, decor does need some updating, but this is obviously in hand and certainly didn't spoil our visit.
The main lodge is a large open plan building with great views across the bay and a couple of lovely, large open fires.
We found the selection of hot and cold foods at breakfast was fine. We ate in the bistro on an evening and found the food to be well cooked, well presented, reasonably priced and of a decent sized portion.
Wifi has to be bought and is only available on the upper floor of the lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FreycinetLodge, General Manager at Freycinet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will definitely take on board your comments regarding the heating in the bathroom areas.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The views from the lodge are stunning. The actual lodge building reminds me of Kingfisher Bay on Fraser Island. Our cabin was nicely furnished and very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal and the food was good. We went into Coles Bay for breakfast as thought $30 a head was a bit much. As we only spent one night we didn't get to explore the area surrounding the lodge although we did do the amazing walk into Wine Glass Bay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments relating to your recent stay. I'm delighted to hear that we were able to assist in making your experience an enjoyable one.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is like being in some grand National Parks lodge in the US. The location is phenomenal and you shouldn't stay anywhere else if you're coming to Freycinet. The cabins are very well equipped and comfortable and I thought they were attractively done, even if they are a bit out of date. The walk down to the main lodge building for dinner and breakfast is fun too. In the evening you can sit in comfy lounges having a drink and playing board games you borrow from reception. Our 9 year old was in heaven. I think they have every board game ever made in their games cupboard! Although we didn't see any wildlife we saw plenty of evidence of their existence. The lodge is perfectly located for a short stroll along Richardsons Beach or down to Honeymoon Bay. And the views are beautiful. If I went again I would book bed and breakfast because we ended up having breakfast there and it's not cheap.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LukeyG

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us here at Freycinet Lodge. I'm delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I searched the internet for a romantic venue with a spa for my wife and I to relax and to be close to wineglass bay. I eventually found Freycinet Lodge and phoned and spoke with Allison who was outstanding. Allison went above and beyond to help me. The room we stayed in was a premium spa room and it was so beautiful and so perfect. Allison helped me with restaurant booking and walking track information and we found her an excellent ambassador for Freycinet Lodge. Thanks Allison. If only I could give you more than 5 stars. My only complaint, is sadly Allison was'nt working on Friday morning 23rd May when I tried to buy a banana or piece of fruit to take on our walk to wineglass bay. The girl working Jessica simply wouldn't help us even after we stated we didnt want it for free, but we were walking before breakfast opened and wanted something to take with us. Happily, the professional service Allison provided to my wife and I, made us happy to tell everyone we know who is travelling to the North East of Tasmania, that Freycinet Lodge is the only place to stay.

Room Tip: The premium spa room may seem a little bit more pricey, but worth every cent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FreycinetLodge, General Manager at Freycinet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us, I’m glad that we were able to assist in making your trip special.

I’m delighted to hear that you were happy with the service provided by Allison, I will definitely pass on your kind comments. Your further feedback regarding the service you received from other staff members will definitely be taken on board, and we will use it to help us serve our visitors better in future.